A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: littleMatt vs. NJP3 :: badder than ole' King Kong

nice return, love the image...though i'm not sure about the black egde...

haha very cool image matt! way to finish it up, it has def been awesome, and Im down for another go whenever you want. No problems about the time at all, I just got home. Ill do my final image (eventually lol) and finish this bad boy up.

Its been real, its been fun, its been real fun

I wonder where I have heard that quote before?

Nice image Matt. Maybe my favorite of the ones you've done.

noooo.... i want more!

Crazy cool battle guys!
    Im loving the textures of that last one. Sick.

So the reason I never posted my final image is because I just couldnt get this one to work like I wanted it to in my head. But I figure its better that I atleast finish with something. My apologies for the unbelievably long wait and my inability to come with a stronger finish. heres what I came up with...

Ive had alot of fun with this battle, let me know if you ever want to do it again some time!

Good idea, not too keen on the finish though.
    The lighting doesnt suite the elements you used, the chair looks too clean and new compared to it surroundings, the light cover is very flat, it looks out of place and the highlight from the light it self is too stark.
    Did you try changing the blending mode of the light at all? overlay or soft light would have worked a little better, also you can taper it out a little by erasing as it filters down towards the chair and on the edges.
    highlights like that are dependant on the dust in the air at the time the picture is taken, as it is the room, while being dirty and derelict, seems very open and well aired, so that spotlight is a little too harsh. It looks almost "painted" on if that makes any sense.
    The only reason Im criting so harshly is because these 3 elements are the main focal point of your image, I can see you worked really hard on the background, you probably spent quite a bit of time on colour adjustment ect, but youre falling short on those 3 things.
    Looking at the other volley's in this battle I know you can do better hun. If you have some time, try reworking this one a little and post it again.