A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Feature

New Feature

If for any reason, when you submit a post, the submit fails (i.e. you get page cannot be displayed, or browser shuts down, or any other error) the text you typed in the text area can be retrieved by clicking LastPost in either reply, or quick reply.

The thanks goes to a member on virtualdr.com. They complained about losing posts they typed everytime something went awry with a submit. That's what moved me to write it

btw, how long does it allow me to write a reply. Sometimes it automatically logs me off after, like, 15 secs in the advanced reply mode (after i press submit button). so now i usually CTRL C my text before i press the button.

Not sure I understand what you're asking. If you're getting logged out automatically, dump cookies, you may have an old one in there and we recently moved the forums so the older cookies would conflict.

If you mean when does it save the post you're typing, it does so as soon as you click anywhere outside the text area.

If you mean how long does it save the post for, each new post overwrites the old one, and logging out will delete the cookies and the post also. But if you do neither of those, it will still be there up to one yr from the time you tried to submit it.

i didnt mean the new feature, i havent try it yet

what i mean is "sometimes" when i log on and start writing a reply for like 15 secs and i click 'submit' the next page asks me the sign on again. so just in case, i just copy my texts before i click 'submit', that way if it asks me to log on again, i just log on, go back to the thread and just paste my texts in the reply box and submit

Not a big deal and im sure the new feature would help, but im just wondering this is only happen to my computer or something.

hmmm, that's odd juju...that's never happened to me.

Dump cookies, like I said.