A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Rollover

Flash Rollover

I do not know if this is my browser or flash problem, recently I notice about my koolmoves made site, everytime i rollover my cursor in any flash object there are lines appear around the flash object and it has a message "click to activate and use this control" I tried to viewed it on other computer and it do the same so Im sure it is not only on my computer, this was happen since last week. Any idea?

Super Moderator
    It is a new Internet Explorer security thing. The solution seems to involve different html code and 2 extra pages.

http://www.koolmoves.com/activeXcontent.zip

REVOLT!!! GET FIREFOX LOL just when you think MS is finally going to make a WC3 compliant browser.....

To be precise it's not security related but a modification related to the Eolas patent issue.

From the zip file Bob posted only the AC_RunActiveContent.js file is required for a swf file. Besides that you need to update the html page that loads the swf file.

The solution basicly comes down to including an external javascript file that writes the code to the document to load the swf file. This means if you are already using an external javascript to load different swf files based upon a flash player version check you don't have a problem.
    Last edited by w.brants; 04-19-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks for info. Are you saying I need to upload the js files on my server and update all html pages with swf files? if I have 10 html pages with swf do I need to update all of this? or just the index.html only

Quote Originally Posted by HScott
    Thanks for info. Are you saying I need to upload the js files on my server and update all html pages with swf files?
    Unfortunately if you don't want users to get the notification to click the swf before interaction can take place the answer is yes, you have to change all html pages.

If your .js file is in the same folder as the html files these are the changes you have to make.

1. insert the following line in the head
    <script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

2. insert the following code before the <object ...> tag and update the values
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','width','730','height','430','src','index','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','index' ); //end AC code
    </script><noscript>
    3. insert </noscript> after the </object> tag.

That's all. (of course you have to do it 10x )

Edit:
    For some reason the forum places extra spaces in the code at point 2. Be aware of that and remove them.
    Last edited by w.brants; 04-19-2006 at 12:34 PM.

thought this Eloas issue had gone away..... It's really stupid as all we are doing now is using javascript and "loading" the HTML tags for embedding the object into the page. So Basically MS has us working around the issue of the suit. They had threatened to do this a year or two ago and we had prepared to rework All the sites we;ve built as this affects anything that is emedded into a pages like QT, SWF, just about anything and frankly the suit is a joke the Eloas guys claim to have patented the "IDEA" of embedding an object into the page. Grrrrr Watch Firefox get a big bump out of this one. Or at least don't update your IE

Thank you wilbert,
    I am paying 20 bucks for every page of update, I guess I will do it by myself I can save about $200. I will just try to do it I hope it wont mess up. lol
    THANKS!

I cant make it work
    can you please post a working html file. THANKS

did you put the .js files from the zip he provided onto the server?

Quote Originally Posted by HScott
    I cant make it work
    can you please post a working html file. THANKS
    If you wish you can view the html source of the index page of my website
    http://www.waterlijn.info/km/index.html
    It's a KoolMoves generated html file with the modifications I mentioned before.

Hi Wilbert,

there seems to be a typo in the boxed code portion you posted, which might be the reason why cutting and pasting that section doesn't work for some people: there are extra spaces in your 'pluginspage' parameter: 'pluginspag e'.

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de
    Enabling you to communicate across cultures

Hi again,

there seem to be more problems, I'm no JS expert though, so I can't be sure...

What happens is that if, for 'src' and 'movie', you pass the name of your swf file plus parameters, the code chokes. For instance, the following doesn't work for me:

..., 'movie','./flash/mymovie_v2.swf?path=./&lang=d', ...

Any ideas?

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de

Hum, wonderful , turns out that AC_FL_RunContent expects the reference to the swf file without the .swf extension, even if you add parameters.

Of course, the 'movie' parameters in <embed> and <object> do expect the full name of the flash file, including the .swf extension.

Brilliant, why make life easy

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de

Quote Originally Posted by w.brants
    If you wish you can view the html source of the index page of my website
    http://www.waterlijn.info/km/index.html
    It's a KoolMoves generated html file with the modifications I mentioned before.
    Thank you once again wilbert, I made it works I copied your html code but I have another problem my swf objects are in transparent background and now it has white background do I need to add some code on it? Thank you for your help!

You have to add ,'wmode','transparent' to the list of parameters for the AC_FL_RunContent function to make the background of the movie transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by w.brants
    You have to add ,'wmode','transparent' to the list of parameters for the AC_FL_RunContent function to make the background of the movie transparent.
    Finally I did the 1st page perfectly, now i will the rest THANK YOU so much Wilbert! You're the man!

Oh my word!!! This is very annoying, I tried it out and it scaled my page down a size.. hmmm... I think Im just gonna leave it It doesnt seem to be a huge problem, I just have to click on the page before I can use it is all This won't start getting to the stage where it'll block the page in the future will it?

I am having the same problems too, but when I used brants site for an example, it didn't come up. Do I have to redo my swf in some way?

When I run that html, it looks like it is loading by showing the bars below. But it takes a long time and I have yet to see it come up.
    Last edited by msloat; 04-20-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Sorry about that guys, I got it working. There were more ref to my swf file than I was expecting.