A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Rollover

Ok, I might have a question after all. It is to do with a map flash that I have been using. It of course does the same thing. How would I set this up. The top script part is where I am having my problems. How would I set that up to get it work with the both emb object?

<head>

<script src="AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Koolmoves">
    </head>

<body BGCOLOR="#000000" text="#ffffff" link="#FF0000">
    <center>

<script type="text/javascript">
    AC_FL_RunContent(

'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0','width

','700','height','397','src','us.swf?data_file=imc s.xml','quality','high','pluginspage','http://www.mac

romedia.com/go/getflashplayer','movie','us.swf?data_file=imcs.xml ' ); //end AC code
    </script><noscript>

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0"

width="700" height="397" id="zoom_map" align="top">
    <param name="movie" value="us.swf?data_file=imcs.xml"/>
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
    <embed src="us.swf?data_file=imcs.xml" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="700" height="397"

name="Clickable U.S. Map" align="top"
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
    pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object></noscript>

</center>
    </body>
    </html>

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    thought this Eloas issue had gone away..... It's really stupid as all we are doing now is using javascript and "loading" the HTML tags for embedding the object into the page. So Basically MS has us working around the issue of the suit. They had threatened to do this a year or two ago and we had prepared to rework All the sites we;ve built as this affects anything that is emedded into a pages like QT, SWF, just about anything and frankly the suit is a joke the Eloas guys claim to have patented the "IDEA" of embedding an object into the page. Grrrrr Watch Firefox get a big bump out of this one. Or at least don't update your IE
    Agreed. Also, Firefox loads links much faster than IE.

Degenerate and baise art thou. docree's Avatar
    Now this IS an issue...

I just spent about two weeks trying to get a javascript to communicate with flash.
    I had just finished this project the night IE "auto updated".
    Now the thing is broken, big time. Back to the drawing board...

Macromedia's online example still works, cause it has allways been loaded by javascript off of a streaming server. Doh!

I added the AC code to my website. But after all that, found that it messed up the placement of the flash when viewed in Firefox. I figure since the site looks good in Firefox, without the code, I think I will leave it out. Heck with IE's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by w.brants
    You have to add ,'wmode','transparent' to the list of parameters for the AC_FL_RunContent function to make the background of the movie transparent.
    Hi Wilbert,

Btw., I think the script also doesn't handle the 'loop' property (which I believe KM exports to the html code it generates).

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de
    Enabling you to communicate across cultures

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell
    It is a new Internet Explorer security thing.
    Btw., I only seem to see this effect on XP. Strangely enough, my IE on Win2000 doesn't show this effect...

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de

I don't see why loop wouldn't work.

The problem should also occur using IE on other operating systems but only of course if IE is patched / updated. FireFox users aren't affected by this problem

Quote Originally Posted by w.brants
    I don't see why loop wouldn't work.
    You're right, it should probably be picked up by the 'default' branch of the switch statement in function AC_GetArgs ...

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de

Quote Originally Posted by PROF CHAOS
    I added the AC code to my website. But after all that, found that it messed up the placement of the flash when viewed in Firefox.
    Hum, I don't understand why it would do that... Can you post the relevant portions of your html file?

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de

Hi all :-)

I wasn't able to apply what has been suggested here. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    The page I'd like to update is http://xylofun.com/software.htm

Thank you!
    Last edited by Dr_John; 04-23-2006 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_John
    Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    The src and movie parameters of the AC_FL_RunContent function have to be the name of your swf file witthout the .swf extension instead of index.

w.brants,
    Thank you so much, it works.

YAY

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering: for AC_FL_RunContent there's a parameter pluginspage, whereas the <embed> tag has a parameter called pluginspace. Is this deliberate? A typo? Coincidental?

All the best,

Stephan
    www.aspetersen.de

Super Moderator
    Blanius sent me this interesting link --

http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-problem.htm

Can people confirm that this is a good solution. I am starting to get emails about this problem.

I am waiting for the dust to settle before I modify KoolMoves.

Bob, I've used it on my site, If anyone views my site in IE let me know if you see any issues.

PS while your looking at that link, poke around that site and get a good laugh. That guy is selling really simple flash tools for as much as KM is. Make you appreciate KM and it's price point.
    Last edited by blanius; 04-24-2006 at 01:35 PM.

Bob,
    Yes, that works 100%. Besides that it's easy to implement and overall an elegant fix.

Thanks for diggin' that up for us :-)

P.S. I appreciate KM more these days as I'm reading 99 books on AS (per hour ;-) .... and that for one week strait! ha ha ha

Super Moderator
    Can anyone explain why this simple fix works?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell
    Can anyone explain why this simple fix works?
    Wish I could. Been studying it and can't seem to understand why this would work but it sure seems to do it.

theObjects = document.getElementsByTagName("object");
    for (var i = 0; i < theObjects.length; i++) {
    theObjects[i].outerHTML = theObjects[i].outerHTML;
    }

The problem I had with the Macromedia fix is that it didn't help with other Active X controls like RealMedia, QT, and Windows Media Player and I have sites out there that use all of them. Searching the Internet for a couple of days looking for fixes for QT and Media player and found none I started to get worried. Found this. I'll be trying out on some QT pages very soon now that I have my main computer back (don't fry your mother board with a bad power supply)

Hi - the code author gives a pretty good explanation about what it does ... I assume you saw this? explanation

If you read all comments on the page Dr_John mentions you also notice that this method has also a few problems. One of them for example that you have to extend the code to do a Mac check since the short version of this code mentioned above seems to crash Internet Explorer on a Mac.

It might be best to wait some more to see what solutions people come up with and then pick the best. Is a solution that won't work on a Mac a real solution ?