A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: VERY URGENT - flash causes images not to show in IE

Flasher

VERY URGENT - flash causes images not to show in IE

Hi there - this is very urgent as this is a very real problem on a blue chip website that im working on right now.

We all know about the new IE updates that cause you to have to click the movie to activate it. Well since the IE update, images in the HTML page that a certain flash movie is embedded on sometimes dont load. Its all random - sometimes they show, sometimes they dont. Ive tried embedding the swf the usual way, and using the new flashObject javascript method. The images DO show when you right click them and choose "show picture"

Simple flash movies (banners etc) dont seem to have this problem, but there is one particular movie in my site which stops images loading in the rest of the page. This movie doesnt do much more except load an XML file, a JPG, and display some text.

Has anyone come across this problem at all??

Thanks in advance,
    Rich

hi

i am sorry but i dont have an answer to your problem but the topic is interesting to me, i have not used flash for about 8 months and upon building a new site i have had the click to activate thing going on, would you mind briefly explaining to me what this is about? thanks alot

Ryan

Flasher
    Something to do with a patent about embedding active X items or something. I dont know the politics, but basically thats the way it has to be in IE at the moment. There is an easy fix here though http://blog.deconcept.com/flashobject/

However, it seems that the "click to active" is only the tip of the iceberg, by what im seeing....

thanks

thanks for the tip, although it is not such an easy fix for me cos i dont have dreamweaver or nething lol, but thanks for givin me the heads up