A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: text animation/effects?

Hello! How can text effects/animation be created? For example if i wanted to add "fade out" ,"fade in" "blur", "squeeze" effects to the word HELP.

Am I making any sense? It wont surpris me if I get a "No, dummie you aint"

Daniel
    [Edited by plano_east on 12-11-2000 at 05:56 AM]

Well the easiest way to make it is with the program swish. I don't really know how to do it with flash but you can try it it out with the alpha, scaling and motion tweening.

I agree, after Flash, Swish was the next program I bought. It makes those effects VERY EASILY and is well worth the small price ($30) in my opinion. Check it out here:

http://www.swishzone.com/

-CoastalClagg

text effects/animation (file size)

You guys are GREAT!!! thanks for the reply!! I agree with you guys, but see the problem is the file size. i have purchased Swish and It's awsome!!! When i create an scene and then try to export it as SWF, the file size is something upto 10MG. Is there anyway to reduce that size, cuz i would really prefer Swish when it comes to text effects rather than Flash.

file size that big just doesnt sound right, how many effects?
    Have you tried flashtyper here at flashkit?
    mark

WOW! 10Megs for text effects? Please give more detail on what effects you are using, and how many frames per effect? I know some effects in Swish create bigger files than others. So far the ones I've made are no bigger than 30KB.

Thanks guys - I think i got the problem. just for future reference (for someone with a simillar issue). I had some pictures sitting in the "content" that i had added, but not added to the scene. I didn't figure it would me harm, so i left them there. But appearantly it does count against the file size. Thanks for all of your help!!!!

Daniel