A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Modifying a picture (removing foreground)

Modifying a picture (removing foreground)

i need to remove the girl from the picture attached. I need the background along so i can put other people on it. I have had a lot of graphics latley where i need to remove the foreground or back ground. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this??? does it have something to do with layers like the girl is on one layer and the background on another??? i use fireworks mainly but if i HAVE TO use adobe photoshot i will.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There are many ways to do this using photoshop. You could use the path tools and outline the person and then make a channel mask. You could also use the magic want tool. This won't give you a clean cutout though. You could also use channel masks(do a search on google)

The layering is just a matter of separating the images and placing them on separate layers.

hope this
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

yeeeeah, it might ber easier (will definately look better) if you just recreate the background. It's only diagnol lines patterned over a white back with some nice vector shape outlines. But also, if the background is someone else's art, you shouldn't be really copying that either...

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

i'd have gone with recreating the background. If u just cut the woman's shape out you will find it hard to put another person in without seeing the hole in the pattern. unless another picture is a person of the same shape, same size, same pose...etc.

bleh I totally misread his post. lol I'm now with the above two guys recreate it
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

You must do your own background, once you have done it everything else is easy. You will also develop skills while learning to make them.

Tip: look at pattern fills (search good tutorial sites) that will give you easy quick angled lines and possibly get some clipart mb art nouveau style, then select the main colour of the image, add a 1 or 2 pixel stroke to it, then select inner part and delete the angled lines (job done)

bp