A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Critique and design help for logo?

Critique and design help for logo?

Hey guys, I'm kind of in a rut at the moment. I can't think of any new, creative ideas on this logo I'm working on.

I'm designing this logo for a high school-related project. Basically, the superintendent of the school wants to award all of the kids with the highest GPA's an award... this will be placed on a plaque or medallion or crystal (they don't know yet!). In addition, this logo will be placed on traditional print (on invitations, etc).

Here's what I got so far... I'm going with a crest for right now (but anyone is welcome to go whatever direction they want). Any one think they could give any pointers or some examples of what they're thinking? It needs to look classy! Thanks for all your help in advance!

- James
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My current rig: AMD Athlon64 3500+(Winchester Core) MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum - 1GB
    (2x512MB) Kingston HyperX DDR333 BH5 - ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro 128mb - SB Audigy 2
    WD 80GB 7200RPM 8MB - WD 250GB 7200RPM 8MB - MAX 120GB 7200RPM 8MB - Dell 2001FP 20.1 LCD

Thats not bad. You really should know what it is going to go on just to see how hard to can push the design. if it is etched on glass, to many lines will kill it. Stay simple.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

This may be a little late…

Definitely check the medium. That will have a lot to do with how detailed you can get.
    To me, Algerian says "tequila," but if you're restricted to system fonts, it's better than one of those crazy wedding script or chancery things.
    I'm not totally crazy about the big 1st in the background. Is it too distracting?