A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Martial Arts Site for the Future?

Martial Arts Site for the Future?

Uni project, but i'd love any feedback that people could give me!

www.carolinemckelvey.com/movie.swf

It's not placed with an index page, so it may run strangely on some browsers, but it seems ok in firefox&safari!

Some areas are password protected, so just ignore those. But feel free to play with the rest!

There will be a sound on/off button which i'm working on, so i'm sorry if it gets annoying!

Please comment on here or send me an email through my sites contact page!

Thank you,

Caroline

The design isn't bad. I'd increase your frame rate to make the animations a bit snappier. They - just seem a little slow to me.
    The rollover sound is annoying, perhaps tone it down a little.
    Overall not a bad site.

Thanks! I've had the comment about the framerate before, so i'm working on it!

As for the sound, I'm oh so aware of it being annoying (working on it all day everyday!)

I'm working on a duplicate site with no sound, so the user can have a choice! Flash's built in sound onoff function only works for timeline sounds, not buttons!

But thank you very much for the feedback, notes taken & adjustments being made!!

I like it! the animations are good, the only downside is its all built in flash I would be tempted to do it in html and have flash for the animations and a navigation strip as you have now, you would get much more traffic.

Colours are good, loads quickly.

The navigation on certain sections is a bit tricky some sections you get used to clicking through on the centre menu then eeek! i'm lost.. possibly add the home button to the rest in the middle, top right is a way off after you have had to do it a few times.

Glossary N-S section the map looks really poor, better to do a small vector square section click and launch multimap (open blank window)

http://www.multimap.com/ or http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

the sound is most annoying, but I do like the anatomy section, nice flash work. looks good

bp

I am somewhat concerned as to why you used the w3c css and html compliant logos when there is neither html or css...

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    It like it too except for the slow frame rate and the little sound For the rest i like it

http://impserver.bournemouth.ac.uk/~cmckelvey/

This is now in html, and css! It was just up as a testing site, this is it nearly finished. The frame rate was difficult to alter, but i've upped it by a couple, but it's just the nature of rotascoping i'm afraid. The sound now has an on/off facility. See what you think

i like it! (really like the diagrams). it's pretty well thought out. nice flow. for me the type is a little large. perhaps i have gotten too used to pixel fonts (lol), but it's almost harder for me to read with the type so big. the sounds are a little distracting (mostly the "ping" you've already heard that), and fyi - i noticed a couple little glitches with the playback buttons in the warm up movies etc. overall good work! - Q