A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Retaining Image Quality in Full Screen

Retaining Image Quality in Full Screen

Before I begin I'd like to apologize if this has already been covered but given the specifics of my question I figured it'll be practical to ask personally.

This is concerning playback on a projector or more specifically to retain image quality when in full screen mode when playing an SWF.

I've created an animation that consists of Raster images in 72 DPI PNG format that are simply animating through tweens, some within an MC, others on the main timeline.

In the original stage size of 720x576 the animation is fine but obviously when I view the SWF in full screen mode it distorts slightly. In addition to this, since I'm using a Mac, it does lag slightly but that doesn't concern me so much.

I was thinking of converting the SWF into a self-contained movie format, but Quicktime doesn't do a good job of smoothing the edges of a smaller resolution file when in full screen mode. I'm thinking along the lines of perhaps converting the SWF animation to AVI, or any format that can be played in other video players such like VLC or MPlayer.

That said, perhaps there are better alternatives for playing a Flash animation in full screen. Of course, if this animation was vector it wouldn't have this problem, but that's the problem I guess.

To anyone who helps out, thank you very much it is extremely appreciated. Also sorry for the long ended post.

Advance Motion Management
    Hey, try to use BMP images instead of PNG. In the properties fopr the image on the Library, make the compression nil. While you are converting the SWF to a movie, make the compression nil again. Check afterEffects, it will definitely give you a fare idea of what your stage should be and what should be the frame rate.

get the software here
    http://www.tomdownload.com/multimedi..._converter.htm

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+

Thanks for replying. I can't really use BMP images as I rely on transparency a lot. I'll check the properties of the images in the library as well. As for the software, I'll take a look at it now. Cheers.

Advance Motion Management
    Gimme some time i will post the exact method

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+