A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: External Swf's??

External Swf's??

Hi,
    Looking for some help regarding a flash site I am making. I have a number of different flash files that I need to link together. Is the best way to do this to use the load external swf actionscript - rather than having all the content in one flash file?

Does anone know the actionscript I would need to add to my buttons to load an external swf?

Thanks alot

Yeah if you have a lot of flash contents then splitting it up would help out a lot.

You'll need to check out loadMovie to do this or (if you want a preloader) then check out moviecliploader. Moviecliploader will load in your swf or jpeg or whatever and allow you to create a preloader within your ...er.. master movie.

Hi,
    Thanks for helping me. Ive had a look for info on loadMovie. I found this piece of actionscript

on (release) {
    loadMovieNum("catwalk.swf", 1);
    }
    This works when i test the flash file, however after embedding it in dreamweaver the links will not work. Do you know why this may be?
    I found the information on this very vague online - do u know where I might find a good tutorial for this?