A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Ma8s , plz come in if you are good at M.Flash Designer and Flash Scripter

hmmmm , :S i am realy confused !!

i dunno , i'll continue learning Flash and as god wants it to be it will be

Thanx For Your Advice and if u have more to tell me please add my e-mail

RoBeeeN@msn.com

i forgot something , do C++ , VB can make an Online Multiplayer Game !!? !!!!!!!!

you can´t make games with those languages which are loaded and displayd directly in the browser. You could make ones which are downloadable and then establish a web connection for the multiplayer functionality.
    Generally i´d suggest you use flash for small to medium bandwidth requiring web games;director for high bandwidth requiring web (or cd) games if you can stand the cumbersome language (which i really dislike ) and go for java or c++ (or if you know it vb isn´t the worst either) for offline games.

Quote Originally Posted by robeen
    hmmmm , :S i am realy confused !!
    i dunno , i'll continue learning Flash and as god wants it to be it will be
    Thanx For Your Advice and if u have more to tell me please add my e-mail
    Sorry to confuse you. By all means still learn Flash. :-) I love Flash. But that's because I never got the hang of Visual C Studio... ;-) It all depends what your goals are, and whether you are more logical type of person than the artist type of person.

i forgot something , do C++ , VB can make an Online Multiplayer Game !!? !!!!!!!!
    Of course! What did you think commercial games are written in? It's C++ and some Assembly too. And on PC most use DirectX as an API since it ensures compatibility with all the different hardware. DirectX has a component called Direct Network which is used for lan or internet communications.

I like your enthusiasm

It was a noble effort but...

seriously, the gurus in these forums love to feast on questions like these.

they lurk in the deep shadows of the games, actionscript (and sometimes newb) forums, just waiting for someone to slip up, and it makes their day when someone asks for some thoughts about the amazing new mmorpg they will make, although their brand new flash trial is only 68% downloaded
    or when an eager soul requests a team of 34 flash developers for this cool new (open source) project within 24 hours

They just sit there for hours, with their hands on their keyboard, thinking of a clever putdown for the a mbitious n00b.

But dont let them get to you--you wanna make a flash game, do it!
    maybe asking for a whole team of flash developers is a little too much, but get your friends into it, or make something cool by yourself

make some nice games, impress ppl here, and they will ask you of you are working on any projects they can help with

good luck
    Oz

p.s - when you say online multiplayer games, do you mean games that are online and a few people can play them from the same computer?

or do you mean real multiplayer with client-server communications and realtime updating?

if you chose number 1, please press ctrl+w now
    (just kidding..it'll close your window )

if you wanna make real online multiplayer games, i'm working on a server app and some games for ppl to play, so u know u can send me a message when the time comes and u need help with that
    Last edited by ozmic66; 05-05-2006 at 12:26 AM.

:O you are very helpfull people like this forum so much

Thanks very much Ray , TOm for the seconed time and thanks for your sweet words you realy made me up Oz

By the way i want the seconed choice Example : www.*****hotel.co.uk

and i want it to played from the browser directly to be easier and played any where

and i got about 3 friends from the forum one of them leasrning me a lesson every day after we both finish our studing period

now i am learning and i decided to start with a small project and i took my decision to make a car racing and luckly he gained a special experience in the car racing designing

i wish i see your replys because it's very very usefull for me and thanks for all members replyed to help

Quote Originally Posted by mr_malee
    search for me in this games forum.

I probably have the best resources for you and i'm probably the best flash coder here maybe the world so your in good hands.

i get like 1 million e-mails a day from tonypa telling me that i'm the best

Hahahaha, this guy is a jokker... really modest, can't say a word...

ok if he cant , show me what you can do for help ??

mate,i suggest you visit some of the links (like tonypa´s tilebased tutes etc.) in the knowledgebase for a headstart: http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=518121

Thanx TOM i'll Do isa

To me it seems that you like to programm or at least make games. If you could see your self making them for a living i would highly surgest working your way into C++, VB is like a less complicated but it has the fundermentals of OOP and how to programm in C++.
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

First i am interested in learning flash , and i can do many things more than games wich i wanted to do , and C++ cant make online games i think flash is better

I'm your boogie man!
    [comercial]
    so you already know VB? why don't you try to make your game in Blitz3D? you can find a library for multiplayer comunication, also blitz3d can manage 3D models in DirectX7, music in MOD or MP3 format... and it's very easy to code!

http://www.blitzbasic.com/
    [/comercial]

Good luck with your game!
    -> web || blog <-

...and C++ cant make online games i think flash is better
    Why do you keep saying that? What do you think World of Warcraft was coded in, Flash???

i think there´s some confusion in what you mean with online game.
    As i got it Robeen speaks about online games as in played in browser whereas you speak about online game as in standalone exe on your pc with a web connection.

Woot, who knew that microsoft actualy has a free version of visual studio on there site.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/fun/
    Thats the link to visual C++ 2005 express, but in the nav to the left there is a link to visual studio 2005 express which is also free (The whole package)
    92.7 Fresh FM for all your South Aussies - Doof Doof music FTW people!

Thanx mate i have this package and for tom and Ray i mean played from browser and VB cant support that :S , and i am so interested in learning flash it makes good money in my country and will support me in making my dreams become true !!