A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swapdepth in Menu Problem

Swapdepth in Menu Problem

http://prettyokay.spaghettibreakfast...navigation.swf

The effect I am trying to achive is when rolling over each square it scales right, left, or both ways in the case of the middle square. The problem is I am trying to swap the depths so that when you roll ove say the black middle square it expands to partially cover the red and the blue square (which it sometimes does).

I am having a lot of troubles it is skipping around a lot as you will see and it seems that eventually the black square can no longer swap to the top. It is very choppy and totally bunk what can I say!

I am using this for swapping depths.

Code:
    on (rollover) {
    	_root.x +=3;
    	_root.lefty.swapDepths(_root.x);
    }
    to get the effect I want I might have to try something completly different so please let me know if this is the case.

Thanks.
    Foot...errr.

Removing any helpful previous posts I mistakenly contributed to these forums.

See ya FK'ers
    Last edited by NTD; 10-19-2006 at 08:49 AM.

I tried that and now I am having issues with getting the rollover effects to actually work. The way I set up the file is so that a clear button is over top of the movieclip containing the tween actions, when I tried this bit of code it doesnt seem to activate the MC.

I can post the FLA. if needed.

Thanks.
    Foot...errr.

Removing any helpful previous posts I mistakenly contributed to these forums.

See ya FK'ers
    Last edited by NTD; 10-19-2006 at 08:49 AM.