A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PHP form problems for flash 8

PHP form problems for flash 8

I'm having problems with the info posted from a flash based php form.

I've recently upgraded to flash 8 and the form used to work fine in previous versions.

I need to use flash 8 for the text readiblity aspect.

Now publishing my flash movie as flash 8, when i get a message sent from the website I get the following details in the email:

(Where it say 'text required is the actual input text from the site)

Name: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Swis721 Lt BT\" SIZE=\"22\" COLOR=\"#333333\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">text required</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
    Address: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Swis721 Lt BT\" SIZE=\"22\" COLOR=\"#333333\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">text required</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
    Email: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Swis721 Lt BT\" SIZE=\"22\" COLOR=\"#333333\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">text required</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
    Phone: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Swis721 Lt BT\" SIZE=\"22\" COLOR=\"#333333\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">text required</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>
    Enquiry: <TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Swis721 Lt BT\" SIZE=\"22\" COLOR=\"#333333\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\"></FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT><TEXTFORMAT LEADING=\"2\"><P ALIGN=\"LEFT\"><FONT FACE=\"Swis721 Lt BT\" SIZE=\"22\" COLOR=\"#333333\" LETTERSPACING=\"0\" KERNING=\"0\">text required</FONT></P></TEXTFORMAT>

Basically I just need the 'input text' and the fields i.e Name = , email = ect.
    to get sent without all of the KERNING, COLOR, FONT FACE ect..

Heres the PHP code I've been using:

$message = "Title: " . $title . "\n";
    $message = "Name: " . $name . "\n";
    $message .= "Address: " . $address . "\n";
    $message .= "Email: " . $email . "\n";
    $message .= "Phone: " . $telephone . "\n";
    $message .= "Enquiry: " . $enquiry . "\n";

Any ideas???

Cheers,

Nath

Senile member! :)
    1.) Select the textfield in Flash.

2.) Uncheck the "Render As HTML" button in the properties panel.

If that is not applicable for some reason make sure that you use textfields with instancenames and pull the text out of it's text property before sending it to the PHP.

/Mirandir

Thanks Mirandir.

I've checked the "render as htnl" and this is already unchecked so I've given each textbox an instance name aswell as the variable name (which I had already done) but still no joy, but now I get the text "_level0.title" ect for each textbox. I was a bit confused as to what you meant by "pull the text out of it's text property"?

Heres the link to the site (its the contact page):
    http://www.bonnelocation.co.uk/

Thanks,

Nathan

I'm getting exactly the same problem... has anyone resolved this issue or can provide an answer?

Thanks, Steve

Resolved

Hi Steve,

I resolved the problem by giving each of my text fields an instance name.

Nath