A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWF to FLA?

Hi, I was wondering if you can get programs to turn SWFs into FLAs or at least a program to edit SWFs?

RE: SWF to FLA

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

It can't be done. You can "edit SWF" with Flash, but you can NOT get back the same FLA that made it (export one to SWF then load it up and see what I mean).

--Jesse

RE

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    There is an actionscript viewer called ASV, as well as various other tools that can alloow you to rip graphic symbols, so depending on the complexity of the source movie you could potentially recreate a new version of it, at least in limited but useable sense.

Where could I find such tools?
    I need to recover some graphics from a .SWF file, but they don't get imported with flash...

yeah

I got the same problem with one of my older swf's of which I threw away the source FLA ...

where could I find (preferreably a shareware) version of such a program??

thanx

Try SWF Browser at http://www.swifftools.com/stools/
    It does the trick!

You can rip the whole piece of meat out of ya swf file BUT you just can't get the music track out!

I am trying to get more info from the underground though... it WAS rumoured such programs ripping musics out do exists...but the project was abandoned due to lack of funds.

HMMmmm... I hope someone can shed more light to this "eternal - topic - about - swf - to - fla - that - keeps - flashing - in - all - forums."

Re: RE: SWF to FLA

Originally posted by JAEzell
    You can "edit SWF" with Flash, but you can NOT get back the same FLA that made it (export one to SWF then load it up and see what I mean).

--Jesse [/B]
    How can I "Edit SWF" with Flash?

Lightbulb

Hi Guys...

I have used SWF browser 2.93 successsfully to rip out Wav and mp3 from swf files...

so do try it

Krimson

You can get the music out of swf files using SWF browser. If the music is not there, the swf is probably calling the music from another swf file using the Load movie command.

Can't find those guys any more.

Heck, the swf browser is not bad too.