dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Beta] Dragon Tower v.2

[Beta] Dragon Tower v.2

Here is version 2 of my old Dragon Tower game.

I made a flash version of the old game 'dark tower' a couple years ago that a lot of people liked. I just redid the whole game and I am looking for people to test it out and give me feedback or info about any bugs, etc they find.

Its free to play ->
    http://www.flashtreasures.com/Content/mpdtl.swf

Its a basic war game. You have an Army, you buy food, soldiers, armor, and weapons for them. You can also recruit soldiers. You have to search the map for 3 keys, that will give you acess to the tower, in the middle of the board. Once you enter the tower battle to the end and try to save the princess.

If you played it before, its a totally new game. Try it out and leave me some feedback on my forums if you can.
    http://www.flashtreasures.com/Forum/

any feedback on the new additions?

Truth be told, I found it to be a little dull. The 'music' was rarely more accomplished than wind noises. There was no walk animation, no transition for each movement between tiles, your army was just a picture, you should make the fight sequences more akin to proper battles. Like, for each 5 people you have in your army, you would have a little animated solider on the battlefield to represent those 5 people, and everyone in your army would automatically attack the closest enemy. The outcome of the battle would no longer be based on an 'Attack, Defend, Retreat' system.

Plus, you should make the tiles on the game world about a quarter of the size. They're currently ridiculously big.

When I was typing in my name, I noticed that the letter 'V' doesn't work. I also noticed that the 'V' key can be used to do something in the actual game. Maybe you activated your key listener script prematurely?
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by VENGEANCE MX
    Truth be told, I found it to be a little dull. The 'music' was rarely more accomplished than wind noises. There was no walk animation, no transition for each movement between tiles, your army was just a picture, you should make the fight sequences more akin to proper battles. Like, for each 5 people you have in your army, you would have a little animated solider on the battlefield to represent those 5 people, and everyone in your army would automatically attack the closest enemy. The outcome of the battle would no longer be based on an 'Attack, Defend, Retreat' system.

Plus, you should make the tiles on the game world about a quarter of the size. They're currently ridiculously big.

When I was typing in my name, I noticed that the letter 'V' doesn't work. I also noticed that the 'V' key can be used to do something in the actual game. Maybe you activated your key listener script prematurely?

Thanks for taking some time to test it and give me some feedback veng.

The game is evolving and hopefully one day I can add some more animation stuff. But its a board game remake, and its like 3-4 years old. I revamped it to make it better, but there is always more to improve on. Some interesting ideas I will put on the backburner, as I am trying to finish some of the newer stuff I am working on.

the V key works the volume, I must have messed some code because I had it working beofre, Ill check into it.

As for the titles, I probably hit that next time I take some time to do another update pass on the game engine.

-thanks again
    m

Cool... Its a little boring and loading every other square kind of turned me off. Overall the gameplay was nice. I think some better animation would make people who start it keep going (i know its a beta), the average person would probably play this for 5 minutes as it is now. It would be good to condense the information at the beginning and either make the font bigger or more legible. Also since you are not using many keyboard keys, instead of pg up or pg down "o" and "l" would work fine (for all the laptop users :P).
    I can tell you put alot of time into it, its on its way.
    --The Amoeba