A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video Publishing Problems with QuickTime

Design Coordinator

Video Publishing Problems with QuickTime

The company I'm working for wants to make training video's with Flash content, but I am having problems with publishing. Flash will not let me publish a version for QuickTime media player. It's says that it is only compatible with version 5 for Flash. I'm working with Flash 8. I would greatly appriciate any suggestioins to solve this problem. I am a new user and the company put me through online training for Flash. But it's just not that same as hands on. I have been troubleshooting most of my problems but have been unsuccessful with this one. I know I could purchase the QuickTime Pro, but I don't think that is compatible with Flash 8 either. I want the customer to be able to put the CD in the computer and get started. (Easy as possible)
    Again, I would love any kind of input. Thanks!

Jenny Hajek
    Design Coordinator

Sorry Jenny, Flash 5 in QT 6 is as far as Apple has taken it.

I've use software before to convert Flash 7 to QT video, works nice. I'm sorry I can't remember the name right now - but it's a PC app.

Worked great.

Design Coordinator
    Thank you for the input Wheels! I think I may have found a way around it. But if you happen to think of that software, I'd love to know. Thanks again!

may be Flash to Video Encoder PRO by geovid.com will be helpful for you