A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The worlds first web robot game???

Well I don't use web camera. I use a network camera that has its own server.
    In that way I make the delay smaller.

The big tank is a wireless camera system with its own computer and server.

I can put it outside my house and se when somebody from the other side of the earth control it from his computer.

So he's driving around and can come up to me and talk to me when I am in the garden and talk to me.
    And if I'm not nice he can shoot me with the paint ball gun that I have mounted in the big tank.
    I have for now not activated the microphone in the tank.

I have a wireless system with a range up to 2000 m so the tank can move on a rather large area if needed.

I think its quite nice and just think its sad that people don't see the potential of this technology.
    Maybe they understand the tech but why don't people beguine to exploit its potential and debate more what is possible with this.

Some few people get interested in development sites/forums and I have interesting discussions with them.
    I just want to find more of that.

Regards Magi

No doubt it's cool and useful, but to come in here and claim yourself that you have been praised "as a God" for this is simply arrogant, and undeserving. Not sure what you came here expecting, but we don't know you, we didn't see you build it, we didn't invest anything towards it, and we certainly don't owe you anything.
    I think its quite nice and just think its sad that people don't see the potential of this technology.
    It's been done in the past at a much, much larger scale.

I can tell you're the technical kind of person, mostly because, as evidenced here, your website and program are either intimidating, unintuitive, or simply unfriendly.

Well i guess lefteyewilly is around 10 years old and not up to the task of high tech.
    Its ok lefteyewilly.
    Read it one more time, take your time and you will understand what to do or contact me on MSN so I can explain in detail, step by step.
    At no point in developing a product for general internet use should you even have to say this. It's one thing if someone doesn't understand it because they cannot navigate a website, it's a whole other when someone has seen the internet up and down and cannot figure out, based on past experiences and possibly reading directions, how to use it.

But i suppose we should thank you for coming here and letting us see what "Gods" build.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Quote Originally Posted by sk8Krog
    No doubt it's cool and useful, but to come in here and claim yourself that you have been praised "as a God" for this is simply arrogant, and undeserving. Not sure what you came here expecting, but we don't know you, we didn't see you build it, we didn't invest anything towards it, and we certainly don't owe you anything.

It's been done in the past at a much, much larger scale.

I can tell you're the technical kind of person, mostly because, as evidenced here, your website and program are either intimidating, unintuitive, or simply unfriendly.

At no point in developing a product for general internet use should you even have to say this. It's one thing if someone doesn't understand it because they cannot navigate a website, it's a whole other when someone has seen the internet up and down and cannot figure out, based on past experiences and possibly reading directions, how to use it.

But i suppose we should thank you for coming here and letting us see what "Gods" build.
    You must be kidding me.

Don't you understand I'm joking with you !!

I put smileys after the text so that you would get a hint that i was not serious about lefteyewilly.

If you lefteyewilly, were taking me seriously and felt offended, I am most sorry and I really apologise.
    ------------
    What I think is greate about my system is the minimal delay I have from all over the world, and that I have been able to build it by civil equipment that anyone can get there hands on if they want to and are lycky with search engins.

The military remote control airplane systems are built bye teams of experts and have a budget of milions of dollars. I build this of my saving in my livingroom without a oscilloscope. I think that is sweet.

Please relax everybody.

And I dont want u to say Im a god of technology.
    Just that im a genious.

Please understand that im joking for gods sake....

Regards Magi

Razor
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, I get it! Wait no I don't, that wasn't funny.

2 l33t 4 m3
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Quote Originally Posted by magi5
    You must be kidding me.

Don't you understand I'm joking with you !!

I put smileys after the text so that you would get a hint that i was not serious about lefteyewilly.

If you lefteyewilly, were taking me seriously and felt offended, I am most sorry and I really apologise.
    i got your sarcasm..hence my smilies.

But to Sk8krog's defense, your website does suck. It really isn't user friendly at all. Everything is bolded and is very confusing to read. Not to praise myself, but i am a college graduate in marketing and have been developing websites & navigation for users for over 5 years now. So you should definitely look into making your site more user friendly.

....if someone who creates websites can't navigate your site, think about the person who doens't know the Internet very well and how hard it will be for them.

In Magi5's defence, I don't think he's here to show off his website, rather the remote controlled 'robots'. Magi PM me if you need help with your site

Within a few years I can see this stuff really take off. There's an entertainment value there. Ok, maybe not tiny tanks rolling around, but other clever solution. I could see games developed with this where two (or more) people would to race eachother on a track, or through a labyrinth, and do other tasks along the way.

Oh well, some people have seen it all and are hard to impress I guess.
    Flipsideguy

Quote Originally Posted by flipsideguy
    In Magi5's defence, I don't think he's here to show off his website, rather the remote controlled 'robots'. Magi PM me if you need help with your site

Within a few years I can see this stuff really take off. There's an entertainment value there. Ok, maybe not tiny tanks rolling around, but other clever solution. I could see games developed with this where two (or more) people would to race eachother on a track, or through a labyrinth, and do other tasks along the way.

Oh well, some people have seen it all and are hard to impress I guess.
    If I ever can afford it i want to build wireless camera robots with paintballguns capable to compete with humans.
    I know its possible today but the robots will be very expensive.
    Just think about it.

You log in to a FPS robot and se other paint ball people on a field with your night goggles or heat camera goggles and you beguine to hunt them down from your computer.

I have paint ball ammo that have fluorescent paint and when I shoot in the night with my big tank and I hit something it all explode in a cascade of light.

It will be sweeeeeet.