dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Published files not working....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7

    Published files not working....

    I'm trying to create a flash file with a simple menu and some url links. I've made a few links and when I test it in Flash, by pressing Ctrl+Enter, it works fine. However, as soon as I publish the file the links stop working! Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this as it's driving me crazy!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    could it be that you dont have the complete links. i know for a while i couldnt get my links to work because i didnt have the full url.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7
    Just checked it and i've got the complete urls. For example, one link goes to a GCSE revision page...

    on(release){
    getURL("http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/", "_blank");
    }

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    umm the script that you have there works fine for me when put into a sample page and uploaded. so im not sure what to tell you except that it works for me

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for checking kasiv, it's just really frustrating because it works in the flash development environment, but then doesn't when it's published.... i've tried it on various machines with the same results...

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    the url for the test page i made using your script is http://www.rwar.us/Untitled-1.html you can check and see if that did what you wanted

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7
    Yup, that's exactly what it's supposed to do. I've just tried the same test and ended up with the same problem... I'm starting to suspect it may be something to do with my publish settings....

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    12
    um ok cant help you there sorry but good luck

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7
    Just cracked it! You did help out, you helped me narrow down the possible causes for the problem. It was a security option in the publish settings.... thanks for the help kasiv!

  10. #10
    Senile member! :)
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Saunaswamp (transl)
    Posts
    2,296
    Have you tested the movie uploaded to a server?

    Flash 8 has this new "Local playback security" thing. That allows the movie to only access the local files or things over network. The default is "local files only". And that will also break any getURL's like your's.

    You can find the setting at the bottom in the Flash tab in the publish settings.

    /Mirandir

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7
    Thanks Mirandir, that's exactly what the problem was!

    I feel like such a doughnut!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center