dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Site E-Cognition.net

New Site E-Cognition.net

Here's another site to check out: www.E-Cognition.net

I've been wanting to put together a flash site for some time. They are so much more interesting than html . . . .

I do very technical mechanical engineering design and illustration work so keeping it's size under control was a real problem. Large pictures and animations needed to be a big part of it. Thank you loadMovie . . . .

Big thanks go out to the regulars of this forum who provide so much help to us newbies . . . .

I started with some straw-man templates from Sorbose. The one I settled on was 794k out of the box . . . . mines only 360k

Please check it out. All feed back welcome. I will consider all suggestions.
    Last edited by CapnG; 06-06-2006 at 02:13 PM.

It's a bit grey, maybe too grey... The animations and transition is great... That flipping/turning effect is done in AE ? I always wanted to make things like that, but i never had the time to search for some tutorials and make it work right... Damn...

If you use more colors and get rid of that grey it will turn out realy good...

Good Luck,
    Biro

PS: you could consider deleting that "huge" grey frame that contains the whole/main page... It looks cheeky with it and quite ugly...

OK . . . Reduced the light greyness, added more detail, Fixed the links . . . . I'm liking it.

wbwd, I don't know what AE is . . . . not done in that . . . . It's frame animation with blured images in between. The sequence is only '180' deg then repeated for however long feels right. Some are long and some are short.

There's three different size of images thumbnails, highlights and full-blown. Knowing the visitor doesn't want to wait, only the thumbnails get loaded and only one page at a time. If you want more detail click the highlight to load the full-size.

The fun was in the scripting . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CapnG
    OK . . . Reduced the light greyness, added more detail, Fixed the links . . . . I'm liking it.

wbwd, I don't know what AE is . . . . not done in that . . . . It's frame animation with blured images in between. The sequence is only '180' deg then repeated for however long feels right. Some are long and some are short.

There's three different size of images thumbnails, highlights and full-blown. Knowing the visitor doesn't want to wait, only the thumbnails get loaded and only one page at a time. If you want more detail click the highlight to load the full-size.

The fun was in the scripting . . . .
    AE = After Effects ( it's an Adobe soft )

Anyways, lol i totaly forgot that flash 8 has that new bluring feature... I'm having some major exams comming up and i had a "flash break" all year, i'm out of practice lol

Anyways, the site looks much better now, it gives an "industrial/mechanical" feeling... Love it

Good job man,
    Biro