A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Check out Intrafects Studios.

Check out Intrafects Studios.

Check out Intrafects Studios, and respond with a rating of 1-10 (worst-best).

Is it really that bad? I thought like a 6 or 7... there is room for improvement... but 2, that seems a bit low!

sorry intrafects but I'm thinking a 2 too. I just don't understand why you have the same (or similar) animation play in the the centre every time an option is pressed, it's really repetitive and to be totally honest, I reckon the animation could be more exciting - especially considering you're a special effect company. I was expecting the info or even examples of your wrk to appear after I'd made a menu selection. Also, the font you've selected for the menu option (after it's been selected) is just bad.

I reckon it's a start, but there's plenty of room to improve.

actually many play the same TRANSITION animation on accessing each section.....u only need need to improve it.

I agree....its a start...hope u update and repost so we can rate it then !

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by POUND!
    I was expecting the info or even examples of your wrk to appear after I'd made a menu selection.
    Ditto!
    That animation takes up a big area of the page, and then the info for each section is actually just a small column to the right of it...

Thank you for your input. I was looking for comments and how to make it better, and I thank you for letting me know what was wrong. I realized before that the animations are repetive, but I am only using flash for those animations. I originally just had one animation, which was the one on the home page, but thought I could jazz it up. I realized that more made the website repetive, and not as good as it should be... so I am going to take my favorite one (or make a new one all together) and use that as an intro to the website. The actual effects are not produced in flash, a good bit are produced on the set, probably a 70:30 ratio of Set Effects to Computer Generated Effects, which will be things such as Blue Screening, and other effects which I cannot give away at this time. I can move the information to the center, and am still working more on it... I haven't had much time to improve it much since I created it originally. I will probably also make a page for preview effects, rather than have it play on every screen (which is quite annoying--- as I have it set as my homepage so I get music whenever I want to use the web.) Thanks for the input, and keep checking for updates... I will submit a post when it is done, for all of you to rate. I shall work on it more tonight, and I publish all changes immediately. I have some tricks up my sleeve to add to it. Thanks again for your input, and I will get working on the update.

(Also on August 18th, check my website for the completed Tagged: Xero Escape movie, which if I get permission from Frights Unlimited will be at no cost to view.)
    Last edited by intrafects; 05-17-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Okay, I am beginning the revised/ redesigned site. It is going to be similar in appearence, but it will remove those pesky (yes, I agree they are) animations. The content will not be quite full yet, but there will be more information on other projects than just Tagged: Xero Escape. I am going to do some work on the header, add a page (at some later point) of sample works, fix the buttons; however, I do like the information being on the side of the page, but I am willing to center it (at a later point - if i am advised after the current "renovations" are finished to do so), and I have several ideas in mind, which you will have to check back to see.

Part 1 of the renovations are complete. I made the site much more professional looking. I am beginning to work on the Projects page now, so check out whats done so far, I think you will like it much better!

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    looking better.
    keep at it!
    good luck