A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Photo Retouching Books

Photo Retouching Books

I stumbled across this site last night and was highly impressed with some of the work that was posted there from what seems like amatuer photoshop users.

I'm thinking about buying the book as it seems more indepth than any tutorials i've seen online.

Has anyone every bought this book or any experience with it?

http://www.digitalretouch.org/

I wonder how much people are makin for that kind of thing. It doesn't seem hard, just time consuming. Would you just charge your normal hourly rate? It seems people would be skeptical when you say it took me 20 hours so it costs you 20 x your rate.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Quote Originally Posted by JWin
    I wonder how much people are makin for that kind of thing. It doesn't seem hard, just time consuming. Would you just charge your normal hourly rate? It seems people would be skeptical when you say it took me 20 hours so it costs you 20 x your rate.
    i'm mainly thinking from a technique point of view. I'm not planning on retouching old photos for a living, but to apply those principles of retouching to arena battles or some freelance designs where i can't get the right stock i'm looking for.

but, yeah, there's a copy shop near me taht promotes "we retouch antique photos" and they have examples on the windows, but seriously...it must take forever to do that and i'm sure they're not getting teh hourly rate they should be.

I once did one for a guy who I worked with, it was his mum and dad when they were young, the photo was folded and creased, so I took the fold out sharpened it a bit and removed some marks on the picture. I showed it to him and he said "Can you put that mole back on my mums face". How was I to know.

My local super store has a young guy who does photo retouching on a stall there, they must make some money or he would nt be there

bp