dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do you animate a button on a motion path

How do you animate a button on a motion path

I need to make an animated button that follows a motion path around the page area on a continuous loop but at present it will not work to go to my next scene.

The idea is that viewer will enter the page and see a group of names that he has to click on as they move around on the page and this brings up the photo of the person but I cannot get the button to work, any ideas greatly appreciated.

I have tried putting a movie clip in the buttons first frame but no joy its seems to not allow the button to work even if i put....

on (release) {
    tellTarget ("/movie1") {
    gotoAndPlay(2);

}
    }

Advance Motion Management
    I hope you have the movie clip with the motion path and the animation you want. On the fisrt frame you have a stop(); action. Instance name of MC on stage, lets say "movie1" and align it on stage.
    Create a new layer and place the button in the desired location, action:

on (release) {
    tellTarget ("_root.movie1") {
    gotoAndPlay(2);

Note: donot place MC inside the Button for you case. This is just one way around your problem.

}
    }

--
    Vini
    Its in my Blood, B+

Still not working... hhheeellppp needed bad

Thanks for the reply. I put the code you listed in but it is still not working. I have put a link below to the .fla and .swf file for a look if you can still help please. It's just a test a the moment so excuse the bad design.

I just cant get my head round it.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/rosstamon/anime/anime.htm

If you would like to code one instance and email it to me that would be amazing and get me out of a hole pile of elephant dung if you get my jist.

rosstamon@ntlworld.com :{