dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Portfolio Site - Please Review :)

Portfolio Site - Please Review :)

I'm not quite finished with this (there is content missing, such as my web work and information about each piece) but I wanted to post it in it's final stages and get some feedback from people. I would much appreciate it =D

This site only works correctly in Flash Player 8.

http://www.segdesign.com

Thanks!
    Stacey Garrison

Genesis of creative reflexes.. mysticpixels's Avatar

Thats a gud concept used.....creative...but can improve a lot..

Hi Shayl,

There is a gud amount of creativity being used here. The portfolio worke are gud. But still there is a room for a lot of improvement. The interface can be more attractive, its still amatuerish. Also the navigation is not that much impressive. No links for the menus in the bottom.

Overall its a work done well, but with scope of improvements.

Cheers,
    Ranjith
    • Innovative Websites - (Flash/HTML-CSS)
    • Flash Intros/Animations
    • Interface/Layout Designing/Logo Designing

Good concept, creativity, easy to navigate and easy to know where you are.

A couple suggestions:

1) make the green "info" box for the closeups at least semi-transparent
    2) think about how to prepare for more than 4 or 5 things under each category. As it is there isn't much room to grow.

Thank you both for the suggestions. I will definitely take them into consideration as I finish this project.

The only thing I will defend is the choice to only allow for a few items to be shown. The reason I did not allow for much room to expand is because currently I do not have many pieces to show that I consider worthy of showing online. My physical portfolio is larger, but for the most part I was taught that 12-14 things in a portfolio is the most you really need, and anything else tends to be overkill.

In the future as I accumulate more work and get better, I may consider changing the site to allow for more work, but I feel it works well with the amount I have shown for the time being.