A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Look at that LO-GO!

Go create something, anything. Cnic's Avatar

Look at that LO-GO!

Hey Guys.

I am working on a logo for a small satellite company, and would like all of you to have a look. I am looking for some basic feedback... good - bad and the like.

I would also like to know if the logo or name gives you a positive or negative connotation.

Thanks in advance for all the help. I look forward to your feedback!

There is also a .jpg for those who don't want to down the .fla (some variation inside the .fla) Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cnic; 05-26-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    "All Men are created equal, but A.M.B.I.T.I.O.N, or lack of it, soon seperates them"

ask youself.....dont u think the title is a bit too huge than the satellite vector ?

Its a very detailed logo and iam sure you can remove and scale a few things to make it look simple...yet have an impact and deliver the message. Another things...the badge doesnt necessarily support the theme of PATROLLING. Satellite related logos are best illustrated using those rotating paths around the satellite...of something that looks like a laser beam....cmon....uve seen stuff like that iam sure.

NEAT WORK !!

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Personally...I like it. If the title reflects the business name..I say let it dominate the dish. Add some depth with shadowing or gradients and it's really going to pop. Nice mockup !

I only saw the .jpeg version and it does not work for me. It looks like a security guard company logo ( although i blame that on the name "Dish Patrol" ). When i see this logo i think of those bulky security guards in blue uniform with that logo patched on their sleeve.

I think you should emphasize more on high-end technology feels and drop the badge or shield theme, which i find totally unrelated.......well, unless the company actually does the patrolling and guarding satellite dishes....

Quote Originally Posted by Jujumon
    I only saw the .jpeg version and it does not work for me. It looks like a security guard company logo ( although i blame that on the name "Dish Patrol" ). When i see this logo i think of those bulky security guards in blue uniform with that logo patched on their sleeve.

I think you should emphasize more on high-end technology feels and drop the badge or shield theme, which i find totally unrelated.......well, unless the company actually does the patrolling and guarding satellite dishes....
    I gotta agree with Jujumon on this one. The design is very nice. But I don't know if it says satellite company to me (granted I don't know anything about the company). My two first feelings were, sports league logo or security.