A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trouble with Movieclip links..

Trouble with Movieclip links..

Here's my arrangement of Movie Clips

_root.OpenBook.Content.Picture
    _root.OpenBook.Content.Text

So the prob is for every page, there's a different Picture and Text.

In OpenBook movieclip, there is a "Page Turn" animation that stops at frame labelled as "Page Content" where I placed the movieclip Content.

Each time users press the keyboard "n", the "page turn" animation is supposed to play, and the content movieclip is supposed to change base on which page the user's turning to. My script for this is, and I have placed this in

_root.OpenBook(1).Content.Picture instead of the Content movieclip, since I thought each time users turn a dynamic page, surely the script would have to be in where the real content are that is either Picture or Text.

// Play animation PageTurn, and load other content, script is within an InviButton
    on (release, keyPress "n") {
    _root.OpenBook(1).gotoAndPlay("PageTurn");
    _root.OpenBook(1).Content.Picture.gotoAndPlay("Sal imah");
    _root.OpenBook(1).Content.Text.gotoAndPlay("Salima h");

}
    I know there's a way to use variables and stuff but i really suck at ActionScript. and there are about 50 pages to do.. lol. and furthermore, with the Page, I have to set a keyboard button "z" for the picture to be full screen! and then button "c" to close the fullscreen and back to its original page.

sounds sucky right Too bad I dunno how to program dis in actionscript..sob! anyway, this is the link to download the .FLA

[download fla] http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...A7737F5E335AB5

I'd be reaaally relieved if someone can help me figure this out, if not I'd have to do manual animation for each page..lol

Keyboard Shortcuts:
    1. Run the File
    2. Press "o" (letter on ur keyboard) to open book
    3. Press "n" to turn to next page

I'm kinda stumped on this right now, but still trying to figure out how would I do it, but would be happy if someone out there can help

Anyone? is this too complicated