A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: DISC: 2Advanced.com - 2A Version 5 Attractor

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I think I originally was shown that from the Fierri website (friends maybe?).....one of the better uses of that movement I've seen. Thanks for the link 3P...I had long forgotten it and I want to show someone this.

One thing is for sure, you guys are the best marketing device 2A got.

In terms of just something else to note, Eric Jordan posted the following on his DJ blog back in the beginning of May as a matter of fact (I'm not absolutely sure he's talking about this recent 2A update though.):
    Neverrain Listeners,

Just wanted to keep you updated on the state of the mix this month. I will not be releasing a mix for May, as I am in the middle of a VERY IMPORTANT project over @ 2advanced Studios that has me tied up full-time. I apologize, but the mixes will continue full-force in June. Stay tuned until next month, and thanx for understanding....
    -Eric
    The 2A website source has the followiing:
    Code:
    <!--
    Backlog Output: 

Warning. Four-valent carbon detected in graphics subroutine. Attempting to recalibrate.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Membrane:              R4.P
    Subroutine:            GUI
    Damage Level:          Stage 1 Alert
    Calibration Method:    Gloxyfiber Concentrate
    -->

<!--
    Backlog Output:

Warning. Cathode reaction detected in core application layer. Attempting mainframe reconstruction.
    Membrane:              R4.P.Index
    Subroutine:            GUI.CORE
    Damage Level:          Stage 2 Alert
    Reconstruction Method: Invisilux Derivative
    -->

<!--
    Current Output:

Warning. Primary Systematic Functions compromised. Engaging emergency backup countermeasures.
    Subroutine:            GUI.CORE.PSF
    Damage Level:          Stage 2 Alert - Level A Upgrade
    Countermeasure:        Lucidity Vitakit
    -->
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

Nice find Genesis. That's pretty neat how they take the time to do things like that. Keeps it interesting.

Ok first of all people.

It's grunge, not grudge.

Secondly, I think 2advanced probably did this to stir curiosity as the hype surrounding them has probably diminished somewhat of late. Good idea though, however it's interesting to see so many people still so mesmerised by them.

I'm not mesmerised...I just hate the way other "designers" and studios make lame works.
    What I like about 2advanced, amongst others, is the pixel-precision-level they achieve, which is not that expensive either, it's just a matter of will to do your job the good way.

Here in Italy it's extremely, extremely difficult to find people with that kind of will.
    Italians opt for the "do-the-minimum-to-earn-that-money" philosophy, which is just dull and infectuos. I must admit that sometimes I can't afford to beat that mentality.

I just can't wait to leave this s__t country and meat some real workers abroad!!

On the other side, as I said, thought there has been a progressive sophistication of the 2a style, they have never really evolved, and are pretty always binded to their guidelines. You can immediatelly tell if it's a 2A job, because they are all pretty much the same.
    This means that 2A doesn't adapt to clients as much as it should be. It's the client's image that has to be broadcasted, not 2A's.

Have phun!
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

Thank you Johnny Shiro for, sure enough, adding a negative spin to anything 2A or FI related.

ANYWAY, I think this is much cooler than the countdown thing they had two years ago. This is more subtle (I think only a few people even noticed initially).

Quote Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
    The 2A website source has the followiing:
    Code:
    <!--
    Backlog Output: 

Warning. Four-valent carbon detected in graphics subroutine. Attempting to recalibrate.
    Membrane:              R4.P
    Subroutine:            GUI
    Damage Level:          Stage 1 Alert
    Calibration Method:    Gloxyfiber Concentrate
    -->

<!--
    Backlog Output:

Warning. Cathode reaction detected in core application layer. Attempting mainframe reconstruction.
    Subroutine:            GUI.CORE
    Damage Level:          Stage 2 Alert
    Reconstruction Method: Invisilux Derivative
    -->

<!--
    Current Output:

Warning. Primary Systematic Functions compromised. Engaging emergency backup countermeasures.
    Subroutine:            GUI.CORE.PSF
    Damage Level:          Stage 2 Alert - Level A Upgrade
    Countermeasure:        Lucidity Vitakit
    -->
    What is it with people and trying to create a faux-hypertechnology image? Why would there be 'four-valent carbon' in a 'graphics subroutine'? Is there such a thing as 'four-valent carbon'? Because to me, that seems like four ********s just magically dissappeared from a carbon molecule. That's ridiculous.

Cathode reaction? Cathode reaction?! You have got to be kidding me. Why on earth would there be a cathode reaction in a core application layer? What the hell is a core application layer? Where on Earth does this core application layer have the anode?

Thank you Eric Jordan, for taking chemistry, and shoving random terms of horse **** down the throats of eagerly waiting flash nerds. Thank you so much.
    hello.

Why does 3l3ctron get censored?
    hello.

Quote Originally Posted by wouter999
    What is it with people and trying to create a faux-hypertechnology image? Why would there be 'four-valent carbon' in a 'graphics subroutine'? Is there such a thing as 'four-valent carbon'? Because to me, that seems like four ********s just magically dissappeared from a carbon molecule. That's ridiculous.

Cathode reaction? Cathode reaction?! You have got to be kidding me. Why on earth would there be a cathode reaction in a core application layer? What the hell is a core application layer? Where on Earth does this core application layer have the anode?

Thank you Eric Jordan, for taking chemistry, and shoving random terms of horse **** down the throats of eagerly waiting flash nerds. Thank you so much.
    Hahahahaha! Amen!

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wouter999

Well if you look at Jordans personal work, you will notice that the main concept behind most of his work is some kind of "Advanced" technology. That there is something else going on underneath the pretty exterior seems to be the key focus.
    I think its a pretty cool way to have fun with all us developers, as that is who it is meant for. We are the ones that look at source code not the clients. It's kind of like what you would find in the preamble of a video game. Setting the mood for what is to come in the game. Its fiction and fun. Take it for that.

3P
    Last edited by 3PRIMATES; 05-30-2006 at 04:43 PM.

Well, if he was actually writing a formula, I'd see the point in getting hyper about it. It's just a little bit of fun with the image of 2Advanced ... nothing really to get THAT bent out of shape over.

He could have just made it
    <!-- Hey nerds, we're redesiging the site
    or some techy crap
    You know you love us -->

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    you have to admit they are some of the most skilled flash animation / interface building / website experience making people, apart from their typical design style, you gotta admit they make some bomb - ass ****!

wonder when they plan to launch?
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Not sure and I also wonder if they are going to call it "Lucidity"

it mus be soon because i cant click on any of their links...i'm sure they would want potential clients to see their portfolio.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

June 1 possibly?

Someone call the fire department.

maby they closed down.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    maby they closed down.
    Yes! 2A is going down in an apocalyptic grungy death! The system is down. Pwahaha.

Hmm, DaVulf's guess of June 1st seems reasonable.
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology