A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DISC: 2Advanced.com - 2A Version 5 Attractor

One thing I think people get too caught up in is accessibilty, while it's important, sometimes I think the art is more important. Leave accessibility to those who can't design. I think all of there stuff has been pretty slick and honestly am kind of looking forward to the new site since this all came about.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

Again, depends on the audience. For most sites, you want everyone to be able to view them at some level. If blind and/or deaf people do not have some way of accessing your information, the site is a failure (for information sites).

However, if your site is simply to display visual eyecandy (ie. portfolios, photo sites) or audio data (audio download sites, music sites) I don't think it's necessary to make sure a blind person can access every aspect of a website that's simply for photos and eyecandy ... you get into a ridiculous level of overkill at that point.

Pretty neat now. Go to the site.

http://www.2advanced.com/signaldetected.html

'It has begun'

Genesis of creative reflexes.. mysticpixels's Avatar
    Yes...IT HAS BEGUN :-)
    • Innovative Websites - (Flash/HTML-CSS)
    • Flash Intros/Animations
    • Interface/Layout Designing/Logo Designing

Quote Originally Posted by JWin
    One thing I think people get too caught up in is accessibilty, while it's important, sometimes I think the art is more important. Leave accessibility to those who can't design.
    See, I couldn't disagree more. A good designer should be able to toe the line here. Know enough about accessibility, web standards and SEO to build it into their design if the audience and/or client dictates it a necessity. Otherwise you have designers working on the sites that are viewed by a limited audience while coders and non-designers are developing those for the masses.

I don't know about you but I'd prefer the sites I visit on a daily basis be both accessible and pleasant to boot.

Oh ... and on the new 2A design. I have money on more of a hybrid approach this go around. Love the marketing approach to the new site launch as well.
    Last edited by clicky2; 06-01-2006 at 12:27 PM.

2advanced go boom.

looks good to me ~

-_-
    One thing I think people get too caught up in is accessibilty, while it's important, sometimes I think the art is more important. Leave accessibility to those who can't design. I think all of there stuff has been pretty slick and honestly am kind of looking forward to the new site since this all came about.
    I have to agree. Blind people aren't going to need the flashy products the 2A does, plus all the great stuff that 2A can do would not be shown off in an slimmed down version. Then the people viewing it would not get to "see" 2As Abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by clicky2
    See, I couldn't disagree more. A good designer should be able to toe the line here. Know enough about accessibility, web standards and SEO to build it into their design if the audience and/or client dictates it a necessity. Otherwise you have designers working on the sites that are viewed by a limited audience while coders and non-designers are developing those for the masses.

I don't know about you but I'd prefer the sites I visit on a daily basis be both accessible and pleasant to boot.
    Yeah I agree with you on that one. It is important as a web designer to know web accesibility standards. It is discriminating to not allow everyone have the opporunity to view the website. I mean yes it does depend on your target market and your target audience but web designers should try to accomadate those who don't have the visual, automative, or auditory functions.

Two years ago, Ramada.com and priceline.com were fined $40,000 by NY State for not allowing users to view their websites without assistive technology devices. So this is pretty important to take into consideration.

-_-
    looks good to me
    Same here. It would be cool if they added to the water animation. Like a missle impacting into the uh.. "things", and then they cracked up or something like that.

EDIT: Never mind. I just refreshed. (I never knew about it. Really.)
    Last edited by Adobemedia; 06-01-2006 at 01:40 PM.

lol. what the heck???

-_-
    I created it.

Quote Originally Posted by nerv_03
    Yeah I agree with you on that one. It is important as a web designer to know web accesibility standards. It is discriminating to not allow everyone have the opporunity to view the website. I mean yes it does depend on your target market and your target audience but web designers should try to accomadate those who don't have the visual, automative, or auditory functions.

Two years ago, Ramada.com and priceline.com were fined $40,000 by NY State for not allowing users to view their websites without assistive technology devices. So this is pretty important to take into consideration.
    Yeah, there's a big difference between Ramada.com and 2advanced.com ... one has a general target audience, the other is a site to display visual graphics and animation. What good is it to make that kind of site accessible to someone who's blind ... what a big alt tag that says:

Code:
    <alt="Then there's a swoosh, and a space ship comes out of the water, and moody music is playing, and now it's cracked and explodes">
    That's like giving gloves to a group of paraplegics because you gave gloves to everyone else.

-_-
    Yeah, there's a big difference between Ramada.com and 2advanced.com ... one has a general target audience, the other is a site to display visual graphics and animation. What good is it to make that kind of site accessible to someone who's blind ... what a big alt tag that says:

Code:

<alt="Then there's a swoosh, and a space ship comes out of the water, and moody music is playing, and now it's cracked and explodes">
    As said above in my last post, and I think villain2 is saying the same thing,
    Why would a blind person need to view 2A? I can think about someone needing to view pricline, but hey, 2A is nothing like priceline.

yikes ... didn't mean to turn this into an accessiblity discussion.

Let's just say I think their new site will take more than their past audience into account. Maybe not fully accessible, but at least somewhat standards compliant and more SEO friendly. I could be very wrong. Won't have to wait too long to find out I'm assuming.

F blind people.

Quote Originally Posted by alty29
    F blind people.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Adobemedia
    As said above in my last post, and I think villain2 is saying the same thing,
    Why would a blind person need to view 2A? I can think about someone needing to view pricline, but hey, 2A is nothing like priceline.
    508 Compliance is afforded to you directly via Flash, and there's been sites that have been sued for not being friendly to handicapped people wanting to surf the site.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

2Advanced is really slow on Firefox

I have been following this thread. I have visited 2advanced site before. But lately when I go there using Firefox it freezes up. Its was really slow yesterday now it freezes up right when those robots come out of the water.

Does this happen to anyone else? IE is lightning fast. Is there a setting that might be turned off in my Firefox that is slowing it down. I have the latest Flash Player for Firefox.