A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: DISC: 2Advanced.com - 2A Version 5 Attractor

Quote Originally Posted by mallen
    I have been following this thread. I have visited 2advanced site before. But lately when I go there using Firefox it freezes up. Its was really slow yesterday now it freezes up right when those robots come out of the water.

Does this happen to anyone else? IE is lightning fast. Is there a setting that might be turned off in my Firefox that is slowing it down. I have the latest Flash Player for Firefox.
    are you using an old version of FF. I know there have been issues with memory leaks in previous versions.

Also, wtf, the new site isnt up yet?!

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

I'm using version 1.5.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by mallen
    I have been following this thread. I have visited 2advanced site before. But lately when I go there using Firefox it freezes up. Its was really slow yesterday now it freezes up right when those robots come out of the water.

Does this happen to anyone else? IE is lightning fast. Is there a setting that might be turned off in my Firefox that is slowing it down. I have the latest Flash Player for Firefox.
    Hey I am having the same problem with firefox if anyone know how to fix this please pm me or post it. Because it makes me mad when viewing flash.

Version 5 - Attractor: www.2advanced.com

WTF is all I can say. Partially a let down, partially cool. I dont know.

Oh and, that music gets annoying. Fast.

Edit: Also, I just realized, that website isnt really made for anything with a huge resolution. On 1920x1200, the side's abruptly stop, and it's pitch blackness.

Yeah 1280x1024's it. I do like the different backgrounds, though (select a link from their navigation bar bar, like "services.")

All in all, it's not bad, but it chugs a bit and the music does getting a little bothersome. It's an 8 or 9 second loop.

I personally think it's excellent. What a great showcase. It's like a complete operating system and it's so complex. Not bad to look at either, I'm glad it looks very 2a.

It looks great, but it's a bit slow. But great work i think. When you look at the different sections, the url changes. Does anybody know why?

Have to admit, different from what I expected. Like it though. True to their style and business model. Nothing out of the ordinary, but very well done (not that I'm one to talk ... I've been working on my portfolio site for about 5 years now without launch).

i like it......it took a while to load up and i'm on T1 here at work. maybe its jus me.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusVS
    It looks great, but it's a bit slow. But great work i think. When you look at the different sections, the url changes. Does anybody know why?
    this allows it to be search engine friendly

amazing job.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

the music sucks though.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

i think the new design is really cool.
    Last edited by EVPohovich; 06-02-2006 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Footer too HUGE!!
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=41172
    Beauty is my passion, pain is my platform

http://www.2advanced.com the new design is out. It looks horrible in my opinion.

Jamaican, thats a huge sig man.. I'm pretty sure that is bigger than regulation.

The 2a site is nice, but I'll agree with the sluggishness as well as the annoying music. I wonder if he made those backgrounds himself? Either way, they're pretty slick.

I think the only redeeming thing is the backgrounds which are difinately top notch. But unless you have a really fast connection (which I don't here at work) the site is slooooooooow. So slow in fact that when you think you've loaded and your like wtf, there's nothing here, it proceeds to load some more and then your like oh, ok.

Anyway, bgs = gooooood, most other stuff = meh....

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

the site is a bit boring.....

Hmm, I'm not sure why some have said this is horrible (although, note there are a lot of 2A haters on Flashkit, just for the sake of being 2A haters).

So, I'll give a review after actually USING the site for a minute:

At first, I was overwhlemed with how different the style was ... no longer solid, rave flyer style imagery and now a cityscape with translucent interfaces with just a hint of glow to them (looks like Pixelranger worked on that stuff). In a way, it's a reverse of v3 where you had images placed within an interface, this is an interface layered ontop of images.

The navigation is smooth but a bit overhwelming at first because you're taking in the imagery. However, it's rather intuitive once you mouse over or click on buttons, you know where to go.

User interaction has been expanded to language, sound, and navigation customization area (I assume using shared objects). So, that music you all hate can be cancelled for the next time you come to the site. Only suggestion I would have is the slider should automatically save the volume setting to a shared object as well.

Love the new wallpapers

Interesting blog.

When you start using the interface, it's pretty sweet to navigate around with. Menus open and close on clicks, everything is there for you to digest. The animations for the most part are quick and subtle, something 2A wasn't known for in the past (although there are a few sections where the animations are just too long, the image gallery in the portfolio section comes to mind between loading screen shots ... if they're loading .jpg's, they should not take that long to load in a slideshow).

My biggest complaints would be yes, the music (but like I said, you can turn that off for good now with the preferences panel), The between page animation could be a hair faster. There are some errors/bugs/oversights ... some sections that don't have content do not display a "no content" warning, they simply produce a blank section that you think may still be loading, but isn't.

My biggest compliments are the layout, the translucent panels, the way navigating through the site seems to flow more now that v4, the images are sweet, the subtle glows and animations.

Overall, I'm pretty surprised with this direction, but happy to see a more application-style approach to the website. It shows they are thinking more towards interaction ALONG WITH the eyecandy. I'd like to see more customization features for the site though. I think this is the leap forward we were expecting with v4.

Great, not perfect.

8 out of 10
    Last edited by villain2; 06-02-2006 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by villain2
    Hmm, I'm not sure why some have said this is horrible (although, note there are a lot of 2A haters on Flashkit, just for the sake of being 2A haters).

So, I'll give a review after actually USING the site for a minute:

At first, I was overwhlemed with how different the style was ... no longer solid, rave flyer style imagery and now a cityscape with translucent interfaces with just a hint of glow to them (looks like Pixelranger worked on that stuff). In a way, it's a reverse of v3 where you had images placed within an interface, this is an interface layered ontop of images.

The navigation is smooth but a bit overhwelming at first because you're taking in the imagery. However, it's rather intuitive once you mouse over or click on buttons, you know where to go.

User interaction has been expanded to language, sound, and navigation customization area (I assume using shared objects). So, that music you all hate can be cancelled for the next time you come to the site. Only suggestion I would have is the slider should automatically save the volume setting to a shared object as well.

Love the new wallpapers

Interesting blog.

When you start using the interface, it's pretty sweet to navigate around with. Menus open and close on clicks, everything is there for you to digest. The animations for the most part are quick and subtle, something 2A wasn't known for in the past (although there are a few sections where the animations are just too long, the image gallery in the portfolio section comes to mind between loading screen shots ... if they're loading .jpg's, they should not take that long to load in a slideshow).

My biggest complaints would be yes, the music (but like I said, you can turn that off for good now with the preferences panel), The between page animation could be a hair faster. There are some errors/bugs/oversights ... some sections that don't have content do not display a "no content" warning, they simply produce a blank section that you think may still be loading, but isn't.

My biggest compliments are the layout, the translucent panels, the way navigating through the site seems to flow more now that v4, the images are sweet, the subtle glows and animations.

Overall, I'm pretty surprised with this direction, but happy to see a more application-style approach to the website. It shows they are thinking more towards interaction ALONG WITH the eyecandy. I'd like to see more customization features for the site though. I think this is the leap forward we were expecting with v4.

Great, not perfect.

8 out of 10
    I am not a 2advanced hater. I am just saying my opinion the new website is horrible. Compared to all of their past releases. They had us all anxious for this release and it’s just not what we all thought. In the past they focused alot on their 3D work but this release v5 is just not what people would expect from 2advanced. But there is a good side to the 2advanced site. This year instead of focusing on the 3D they focused more on the artwork. But still in my opinion I was expecting something greater then v4 and v3.

Quote Originally Posted by dtweaponx
    I am not a 2advanced hater. I am just saying my opinion the new website is horrible. Compared to all of their past releases. They had us all anxious for this release and it’s just not what we all thought. In the past they focused alot on their 3D work but this release v5 is just not what people would expect from 2advanced. But there is a good side to the 2advanced site. This year instead of focusing on the 3D they focused more on the artwork. But still in my opinion I was expecting something greater then v4 and v3.
    Well, I think saying it's "horrible" is not fair. Horrible would mean there's nothing good about it at all, that it's subpar. What you're expressing is that it's not what you expected and thus let you down personally because you were expecting 3d artwork, not crips photoshop images with holographic interfaces.

Again, I think it's better that they focused more on the actual navigation of the site to use unique graphics. Instead of it being something that's cool to look at, it's something that's cool to use, and I think in this day and age of web design, that's a bigger selling point than having 3d pods flying around a screen.