A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Adobe vs. NWolfe +++ short bus crashing into a wall

-_-
    Having a heck of a time here trying to make something I like.

I can't speak for NWOlfe if there's a delay, but i'd say dont' rush it. You should really spend some time on your images before you post them Adobe. "If you fail to plan, you can plan on failing".

I want to see some good effort from you on this Adobe.

-_-
    I plan on creating something that will please people.

Nate Wolfe
    I don't really care about the 3 day turnaround. I have family in from out of state this weekend, so I'll be a little busy too. How about this - enjoy your vacation and work on something when you get back. Spend a good amount of time and effort on it, and post when you are ready. No need to rush.

P.S. Any comments or critiques on the frogs?
    Relentless. Invincible.

I plan on creating something that will please people
    please who? all of us? goodluck

-_-
    Thanks nwolfe. We are leaving in a few minutes. I will keep you posted about any updates. I still have internet you know.

- Aaron

Nate Wolfe
    I hope you come back from vacation soon - I'm ready to start working again! Have fun!

-Nate
    Relentless. Invincible.

-_-
    Ok. I am starting work.

Nate Wolfe
    Don't mind me... I'm just being impatient. If you're still on vacation, then by all means enjoy it and don't think of work. I'm ready to get going again as soon as you get back, though. :-)

I find that vacations are a great source of inspiration, because my mind is free from work and school and all that other day to day stress. I like to take a ton of photos, too. I just got married about 7 months ago, and when we went to Kauai for our honeymoon, I took about 1,500 pictures. I also find that music is a HUGE influence to my artwork.

P.S. Is school out for the summer? Congrats!
    Relentless. Invincible.

-_-
    Vaction was only a week. I got back yesterday.

P.S. Is school out for the summer? Congrats!
    Heck yes! Its been out for about 3 weeks.

Nate Wolfe
    Well... Since you were on vacation I made you a postcard.
    (This is not a volley.)

Relentless. Invincible.

-_-
    Thank You.

Nate Wolfe
    You're welcome. LOL. Looking forward to your next image.
    Relentless. Invincible.

nwolfe...why didn't you hold on to that volley until the next round? It would have been a great followup to Adobe's next image....

Even though that wasn't a volley, i'm going to nitpick on it. The whole postcard in itself is tight, done very nicely. However, there's some white pixels along the left edge that throws it off a bit.

While i see where youre going with the text, it's too hard to read. And i think that was the point of the postcard was for someone to read the message written, so i think a little was lost there in the overall image.

Also, the background, while subtle would have looked better with a 'table' texture rather than some sort of city. the postcard seems to be floating in space with the current background.

All in all, very nice for a 'non-volley'.

The lion on the left should have been roughed up a bit as well. it sticks out too much for the rest of the texture youve got in the postcard.

Quote Originally Posted by nwolfe
    Well... Since you were on vacation I made you a postcard.
    (This is not a volley.)

A Swizz postcard with a Norwegian stamp on it?

Nate Wolfe
    IMAGE EDIT:

why didn't you hold on to that volley until the next round?
    I have a lot of ideas floating around in my head right now, and wanted to get this one down before it escaped. Don't worry... I will have something for Adobe. :-)

However, there's some white pixels along the left edge that throws it off a bit.
    I know. I hate those, and I made the mistake of adding a drop shadow without backing up the image first. Once the drop shadow was applied, it was really hard to get in and edit those tiny pixels.

While i see where youre going with the text, it's too hard to read. And i think that was the point of the postcard was for someone to read the message written, so i think a little was lost there in the overall image.
    I see your point. I was going for the "it's old and unreadable" thing, but I agree with you that the point was for someone to read the message. Well... hope this is a little better. I switched the font, and played with the leading a little to get it to fit better.

Also, the background, while subtle would have looked better with a 'table' texture rather than some sort of city. the postcard seems to be floating in space with the current background.
    That's exactly what my wife told me. It is kind of strange to have a random postcard floating in space, huh? I added the wood texture to the background, and added a flood light. I was hoping that it would look sort of like a "desk" or something, and that the lighting would help get rid of those nasty white pixels around the edges. I'm still not satisfied with the lighting, though. I think there might be an inconsistancy between the flood light and the drop shadow on the postcard.

The lion on the left should have been roughed up a bit as well. it sticks out too much for the rest of the texture youve got in the postcard.
    Actually it is a wolf. You may laugh, but it is my logo. I agree with you, though, about it standing out too much from the rest of the image. I tried to rough it up a bit, but was kind of having a hard time with it.

A Swizz postcard with a Norwegian stamp on it?
    I was under the impression that it was a Russian postcard, but I really wouldn't know, since I am an American who does not speak any other languages. So... I gather you're Swiss? Thanks for noticing the inconsistancy... I wouldn't have ever caught it. I think this new stamp is Swiss, but I guess there's really no way for me to know for sure.

Thank you both for the insight - it is very much appreciated.
    Last edited by nwolfe; 06-26-2006 at 12:52 AM.
    Relentless. Invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by nwolfe
    I was under the impression that it was a Russian postcard, but I really wouldn't know, since I am an American who does not speak any other languages. So... I gather you're Swiss? Thanks for noticing the inconsistancy... I wouldn't have ever caught it. I think this new stamp is Swiss, but I guess there's really no way for me to know for sure.
    I'm Norwegian, and you're probably right about the postcard being Russian. I'm just having too much time and therefore, i bother to write comments like that Sorry!:-P

So I'm russian and yes there are a few things on that postcard written in Russian, then at the top it also says in Russian "Austria - Hungary"

Nate Wolfe
    Well... I just wanted it to look cool. There's something about having things in a language you don't speak that I think adds a little mystery. However, I'm glad you guys can give me such interesting feedback. I may have to use you as consultants in the future!!!
    Relentless. Invincible.

-_-
    I am really trying nwolfe....