A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do I create a flawless rollover and rollout button in flash?

I am quite a newbie so pardon my ignorant...but how can I do a flawless rollover/out button in flash? I have seen a site with this effect @ http://www.deepend.co.uk and I wonder how ?
    Anyone can offer some clue...much appreciated!!!

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro

Thanks but...

Hi McMurphy,

Thanks but I also realize that I cannot create a button inside a button. Just imagine I have 3 sphere with text by the side in a vertical row, upon mouseover, the ball & text will expand and spread out. All these 3 sphere must be linkable. Upon mouse out, the ball & text will contract to original position in animated sequence (just like the way it expand). I know I can place a movieclip on the "over" to create that animation but how to make the individual sphere clickable??? Am I missing out on something??? Please help!

the effect at the site you mentioned is achieved by placing the button itself inside a movie clip; this is the key to a more powerful mode of creating site interactivity. Think of your button as a trigger that starts the animation, in addition to the button's normal functions; you'll need to place the button on the first frame, and set it to play the movie clip or the main timeline, wherever your animation is happening, on a mouse over. and then set a stop at the end of the expanding animation, and then have the contracting animation immediately after that. This is alittle too simple but it should (hopefully) point you in the right direction. I hope this makes sense.

good luck,

Andrew

Thanks Karnak, I think I have some clue to move this thing forward. Will experiment some more...a big thank you to you and McMurphy!!!