A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Music driving me (and my project mngr) insane!

Please someone help me out here:

Is there anyway to include an external movie file that contains my music in the initial preloader?

OK i'll describe it better, I have a movie, that contains 8 scenes that blend seemlessly together. the first scene conatins the preloader which has the ifframeisloaded function in it, pointing to the very last scene in the movie. I call the external movie file after the preloader, ie when the actual intro movie starts to play. The movie calls the file, but the actual music doesnt start to play until about the 3rd scene due to download time, so what I'm asking is, first of all, any suggestions, and second of all is there any way to include, actionscript wise, the external movie file in the initial preloader script?

Thanks in advance,

Brad

for reference, the movie is at http://www.riverviewchurch.com.au

thanks

you'll have to preload the music file before you call it...just add a preloader for your external file in your first scene and loop the playhead until it is loaded, then commence with loading your movie....hope that's clear enough - its rather late (early) and I must be off to bed...night...oh check the tutorial section for some help with that preloader....

Wot do you mean? all my external file contains is a sound loop, I've made it n external file so that it plays over all the scenes smoothly. how can i put a preloader in the external movie... i think what i'm asking is how can i say for eg, if frame is loaded, & if frame is loaded in external movie go to and play first part of the movie can you specify that those arguments must be met before it continues?