dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3D Objects at different angles

3D Objects at different angles

What I want to do is make graphics for this spinning 3D menu i've got in flash. What i want to know is, because i got the same object at different angles, would it be easier to just create allthe graphics from every angle in photoshop, or use 3d rendering software like 3ds max? The 3D rendering thing seems much easier, but I want to achieve photorealism, and im worried that 3ds max or something else won't give me this.

Thanks in advance,

esurio

3ds Max would definately gives u photorealism animations. But im not an expert on putting Max anims to Flash so cant help u there.

u can also try swift3d program for render 3d objects into flash, for both bitmap and vector anims. very handy for Flash animations.

the old fashion way is to just shoot the object frame-by-frame with camera.

goodluck

Thanks a lot jujumon. I didn't really want the animation doing cause i got that all in flash ready, I just want some graphics to import. What file type should i save them in if I want all transparency not to be part of the graphic? ie. if I had just a plain black circle on transparent bground in photoshop, which file type would i save it so that in flash, if that circle was a button, only the circle would be clickable and not the transparent bground?

You can use .GIF or .PNG for transparent images. For just a simple circle as you describe you could use either .GIF or .PNG-8. For something that has more complex transparency such as a soft drop shadow you would probably want to use .PNG-24.

To access the optimization dialogue in Photoshop either go to File>Save for Web or hit Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S. The format options are in one of the drop-downs on the right.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Thanks rush, this works in windows media viewer thing, but not in flash :S in windows viewer thing the transperency does not show up, but in flash when i import the png file, it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Thanks, esurio.

That doesn't sound right. Exactly how big is this circle you are trying to create? If you placed a square selection around it, how many pixels wide would that square be?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..