A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: high quality streaming video stiil coming to a complete stop?

Hybrid View

high quality streaming video stiil coming to a complete stop?

I am on a fast connection (t1) and i was viewing a site that i am sure uses flash 8 video fed from a streming media server and, even after the buffering message comes and goes, the site comes to a complete stop about every 15 seconds or so, then it continues after about 10 seconds of a still image.

i thought the whole point of having streaming flash 8 on a fast connection was so that it detected your connection speed and fed you the appropriate video so there would be no stopping issues? the site is www.wouldyoulikeawebsite.com. does anybody have any insight into this?
    context is everything is relative

I have the same problem...
    UPS' official RIPP-OFF
    See full complaint here > www.actionfx.net/complaint.htm

anybody have any insight into this?
    context is everything is relative

flash-a-delic veteran

i'm having a similar problem...

...with a Flash 8 w/streaming video site I'm developing; the vid clips play slow on my Dell Inspiron laptop w/a wireless dsl connection, as if at half speed, but play great on my hardwire dsl connected dell workstation.

I do know that part of the issue is the bandwidth transfer rate (specified through the Flash streaming media provider) the creator of the site specified when signing up for streaming services. The site I'm using for my streaming is Influxis; they offer a variety of packages, and bandwidth can go anywhere from 268 kbps on up to 5mbps (which is outrageously expensive at the higher levels). The bandwidth may be at low end for the site you're checking out.
    Rob

"hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid"