A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: comments please

please check this site out and give me some feedback

http://www.kubrick.cdes.qut.edu.au/~...3/performance/

thanks heaps

hey wesleyrules,
    welcome to flashkit.
    nice navigation. i especially liked the presentation of the graffitti art. very nice. the main navigation is interesting to play with. did you do it with dhtml? i especially like the attention to the speed if you choose a different link. good attention to detail. is this site a collaborative? i noticed names in each pop-up. the only thing i would mention is the fact it takes a while to load. i'm on a cable so i didn't mind. it's a highly graphic site but worth the wait.
    good job.

Talking thanks 8minus8

hello 8minus8
    Thanks for your comments!!!
    let me introduce myself, I'm a communication design student from brisbane,(somewhere in Australia, in case u don't know). and i'm a freelance designer 2. my fav artist is futura.

yup, the navigation is done with javascript, and the contents are in flash. yea and this site is made by 2 people. The names in each pop-up u noticed are the "art gallery" section. There are some contributions from my friends and small amount of outside artist. The second part consists mainly of fashion snapshots from the streets of Brisbane and a fashion flash movie clip reporting on Australian fashion week. The third section is an interactive flash game about GraffiTi.

yea...I think i do need to fix up the size of the site. it takes quite a few to load

Thanks again
    wes

nice to meet you. i'm a computer graphics student going for my masters in new york. graduated with a bachelors of fine arts in creative photography. i don't have a favorite artist - too many to list. i love dhtml, especially when used in dynamic ways like your presentation. have you seen http://www.bratta.com/ ? nice tutorials. i'm working on a big flash site coming out next may... have you tried flash out yet? if you know javascript i'm sure you'd be a wiz at scripting with flash.

i also like the idea of archiving people as fashion snapshots. interesting idea.

welcome wesleyrules,

unfortuneately my browser fails to display your site.
    i seem to face a major problem here on my machine...

it's very nice to see some graphic designers or students
    out here.

no insult intended, but there's a big difference between
    people who know or learn their buisness and the others.

have a nice stay at flashkit, i'm sure you'll enjoy it as
    much as i did.

i just realized my post wasn't clear. what i meant was... have you tried doing a completely interactive site with flash. you obviously know flash since you did parts of your site with it.
    anyway.