Is anyone else using this component?

Everything worked fine in Flash MX 2004, but here is what I have discovered using Flash 8:

Working in Flash 8 on Mac OS 10.4.6…
• Images look good at all zoom levels inside the Zoomify for Flash component window.
• Images look good at all zoom levels on the Flash stage during authoring when it updates from zooming in the component window
• WHEN PUBLISHING TO FLASH PLAYER VERSION 8 - THE PUBLISHED VERSION IS NOT COMPILED PROPERLY - RESULTING IN NO INTERMEDIATE ZOOM LEVELS BEING UPDATED SMOOTHLY (it simply uses the closest zoom level from the tiles, but does not smooth it - so images look terrible at anything but 100% usually - lineart like maps are unuseable)
• When publishing to Flash Player Version 7 (from Flash 8) - all problems disappear! Images redraw smoothly at ALL zoom levels.

Based on the above, I can only assume that Zoomify will not really work when publishing to Flash Player 8 format (unless there is some particular setting in Flash 8 that needs to be defeated for this to work?). The above has been tested on both Mac and PC browsers running the latest versions of the Flash 8 Player and results are consistent - therefore it appears that Zoomify only works in the Flash 8 players (properly) if the SWF was saved to Version 7 or earlier.

Can anyone confirm this or is there a fix when saving out to Flash 8 I am missing?