A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenging problem -ATI card

Challenging problem -ATI card

Hello,

I would like to thank you for your response. Here is my question:

I have "ATI all in wonder card" so I have live video (TV) on my pc.
    I have been asked to use flash and dreamweaver and produce that "live video" in the browser such as firefox or explorer.

I am not quite sure if this is possible. I am relativly new to flash.

Could you please give me some suggestions how I can accomplish this??

Thank you for reading my post.

Gargamel10

What is this 'live video' you are talking about? DO you want to create somethign for the WEB?..or are you asking about creating something for TV (production).

hi, sorry if I was not clear enough.

ok here is a project. A client of my has an restaurant/bar.
    He would like to advertise his menu on the large plasma screens he has.

so the idea was to use the ATI card connect it ot the computer, then design the advertisment in flash and bundle everything together and present it on the plasma/LCD.

If you use firefox/exporer and press "F11" one will get the full screen feature....
    so I thought what if I can somehow integrate live video, coming from the satellite with the firefox/netscape then souround that video with .swf files of the menu.

Thank you for help and ideas.

Gargamel

Live Video is the satellite signal (programming)...just the regular television "stuff"

Ahh.....ok

as far as I know..there is no way to 'stream' live TV (cable, FTA or SAT) to a flash movie. You can 'pre-record' what you want..turn it into a VIDEO clip..and then import THAT into FLASH...

however..before I start ANYTHING...if I were you..I would read up on displaying stuff on a TV format (plasma or otherwise) it is NOT the same as designing for the WEB..the picture aspect/ratio is different..amoung other things.

You could ALSO, make this a standalone type project..(no web browser needed)

Hi Thanks,

It seems like people are somehow doing it somehow!

I found a company that is doing exactly what I needed. Please take a look.
    http://demos.venuevisiontv.com/pumptv/

Of course we can't see live video here, but at the restaurant people can see live programming instead of the golf ball and the club.....

this one is a tough one ?!

I dont see any LIVE TV or VIDEO.... what part are you talking about?

I still think yoru not understanding..(or maybe its me).. but you can play VIDEO...

but you can NOT stream say a TV golf game... (at least not that "I" know of, we'll say)

ok once you are physically in the restaurant, you will see live video instad of the golf image.

So all the customers are looking at the TV, At the same time they would be looking at advertisments, such as business news, menu etc.

So somehow he is getting live video in there.

here is another example

more clear now ?

ok click on this link

and then press F11 in your browser....

moderators could you please move this post to other section...i.e experienced flashers thank you

can you close/delete your original thread?

and by the way..both links (actually all 3) have been the EXACT same link.. nothing different...nothing 'LIVE'.

Quote Originally Posted by gargamel10
    ok once you are physically in the restaurant, you will see live video instad of the golf image.

So all the customers are looking at the TV, At the same time they would be looking at advertisments, such as business news, menu etc.

So somehow he is getting live video in there.

here is another example

more clear now ?
    Your not needing flash you need to learn Adobe After Effects. After Effects is a smaller version of Broadcast and is mainly used in video production or building video games. Broadcast is the program networks and tv stations use to build graphics on top of video for commericals and sporting events.
    Donald French

Quote Originally Posted by dlfswi
    Your not needing flash you need to learn Adobe After Effects. After Effects is a smaller version of Broadcast and is mainly used in video production or building video games. Broadcast is the program networks and tv stations use to build graphics on top of video for commericals and sporting events.
    Thanks,

I don't know much about Adobe After Effects....

So do I still work in flash? I'm not sure how the integration would work....?

it seems these guys http://demos.venuevisiontv.com/pumptv/
    designed everything in flash....

Quote Originally Posted by dlfswi
    Your not needing flash you need to learn Adobe After Effects.
    hi, can you tell my why you think that link your providing, has anything to do with live TV? or where you see anything TV related?

it looks like a website,...with an image in the MAIN section of a golfbal/club..

also, on a sidenote to dlfswi-

I dont know much about AE, but though ti was mainly for VIDEO...

how does it it integrate with LIVE streaming TV, like the original post is asking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whispers
    hi, can you tell my why you think that link your providing, has anything to do with live TV? or where you see anything TV related?

it looks like a website,...with an image in the MAIN section of a golfbal/club..

also, on a sidenote to dlfswi-

I dont know much about AE, but though ti was mainly for VIDEO...

how does it it integrate with LIVE streaming TV, like the original post is asking?

Thanks
    Whispers,
    I am not quite sure how else I could explain it. On the website itself there is NO live video! It is just a plain picture (golf picture).
    That particular website is just used for sales and to show people how the digital signage would look.

Now once you go to the restaurant, that reastaurant is located in Missisauga ontario, and it has several plasma/LCD TV's. On the plasma/LCD you will see the SAME EXACT advertisment, EXCEPT the 'golf image' is replaced by the normal TV programming.

So whats is happening the TV (plasma or LCD) is connected to the computer nd somhow they are able to combine the two: 1. live TV 2: the website above.

I hope this makes more sense.

thanks

This website

Ok once you go that website, just imagine your screen (monitor) being a TV and instead of the golf picture it is the TV programing CNN or something.

ok...well that has nothing to do with FLASH... (so the link is misleading)

you would need to look into broadcast software, like mentioed earlier.

whispers, if you go to that site and press F11 on your keyboard you will get the "full screen". So nothing else is visible BUT the things on their webiste.....

So that is why I thought they are using Flash....

So people in the restaurant or wherever are not aware this is being done with Flash and the browser....

I understand..however... F11 is just a BROWSER thing.. which is NOTHING what you want.

You wont even be using FLASH for anything...