A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Site for Model / Actress Jocelyn

Site for Model / Actress Jocelyn

I have a new site in work for a model / actress who has a pretty tame resume
    check it out
    http://www.thewreckingkrew.com/index2.htm

looking good, mild flash work

rock on
    DEZ

I'd hit it.

That said, I detest the way every page is a pop up. Not having an annoying animation on a continuous loop next to the text on the main page would be spectacular. Most of the test is pretty hard to read, particularly the navigation.

The white glow around her on the main page is inconsistent with the lighting in the background and kind of looks like you added it to cover your lazily done extraction from the original photo (I could be wrong and apologize if my assumption is incorrect).

Generally it is much more fashionable to dress your company logo up to blend more cohesively with the style of the site. If you feel you are unable to do that then maybe just a small text link that is very understated should be the way to go.

It's a nice start but needs some refining.
    Good luck
    -J

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

gawd damn i love this place. JWin you are killin' me.
    I do appreciate your thoughts though , the mainpage and then all remaining pages are pop-ups ( sized pages ) are just something I think is cool. Nothing worse than a full empty page.
    The white glow was meant to be "angelic" I tried numerous colors and it worked best with her hair color.
    My sites are generally hard rock sites
    www.ralphsaenz.com
    www.thewreckingkrew.com
    but I dig the opinion, maybe it's a little harsh for her site.
    Have a good one bro
    DEZ

-_-
    Is that loader real?

The Wrecking Krew is the "home of the 2 pound pre-loader".
    And I know ya wan't gonna bash my sites after looking at this primal thing
    http://www.web49.us.tt/

-_-
    Just wondering. All right site. The words at the top of the Nav were hard to read.

naw man..i sincerely appreciate everyones comments..
    i am new to the whole 'preloader" build..
    i wish i knew more but i will get their..
    and we are all ammatures this side of 2ADVANCED.COM
    plus the comments here are always with a sense of humor and thats a good thing my brotha
    rock on
    DEZ

-_-
    I see.

I tell ya if the color "beige" makes a comeback then http://www.straightaheadmedia.com/ will be riding the wave, baby!!!

You are insulting a color?

Before you start working on your design skills (which need a lot of work) you need to look at correcting your attitude. Take what people offer, say thank you and press on. If you don't take advice of people who are more experienced than you, you will fail miserably but that's your choice.

And I'm not talking about me, I saw a thread where 3Primates told you your text was blurry and you began to argue with him. He showed you that it was and you said it was his bad video card. Let me clue you in, 3P most likely has a decent set up, and 99.9% of your audience, wont.

I've said my 2 cents, take it or leave it, fail or succeed, I don't give a sh*t.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

come on dude...i aint arguing at all.. I DO APPRECIATE THE COMMENTS AND THOUGHTS...from all of you..i take it all with a sense of humor as you should my comments back to you...
    but come on dude...BEIGE???

Well, i don't want to take anyones side but regarding the site:

Well, i'd hit the actress too, but that's kinda all... I don't raely like your navigation ( the buttons and the text is crap ) and the outlook of the site, it's like... yeah... not my style...

One thing that bathers me and that thingie kinda shows that you are not a pro. Your LOGO IS HUGE !!! Bro, i understand you want to advertise yourself but that's not the way to do it, it's so unpro and thoes faming skull make me think that you can't be more then 14 years old ( i had ideas like that when i was 12-14, kinda crap )...

And you should realy listen to other peoples advices because you will fail... If you want to be a respected designer then work on your atitude and stay up to date with the new design techiniques... Maybe you like that boxy site looking thingie ( i like boxy sites too ), but it's old, and the way you make it, it seems even older... Try more round shapes or you can stick with the boxy shapes but then try to make them look cool and exciting...

PS: work more on your designs, DETAIL is all...

Regards,
    Biro

another great offering.
    at least it's not beige, bro