A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PSP or DS?

PSP or DS?

I'm planning on buying either or, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are on which one I should get... I'm sort of leaning towards DS right now since I've always liked all of Nintendo's games, plus it's cheaper and they came out with the new DS lite now. But someone might be able to change my opinion.

I'm planning on getting it tomorrow, so any thoughts on it?

P.S. You know, I thought that last thread would get me banned, but I guess I got lucky

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Are you asking to get banned? If so, I can ban you.....the old fashioned way.

out of all the 'must haves' here I think a few of them actually still pick up the DS from time to time.

I'm gonna be picking up one or the other pretty soon here too so I'm also interested.

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    out of all the 'must haves' here I think a few of them actually still pick up the DS from time to time.

I'm gonna be picking up one or the other pretty soon here too so I'm also interested.
    I'd say go for DS, just because that's what I'm probably going to end up getting. I'm also planning on getting a Wii when it comes out too, despite the terrible name

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    Are you asking to get banned? If so, I can ban you.....the old fashioned way.
    Nope, but I almost did due to the dumbassness of someone... never mind though, just pretend I didn't mention any P.S.

ds deffiently, sony is going the wrong route with the psp...
    no instant playability, too long games, i don't want to sit and play a 40hr game on the bus, just a quick one please...

gameboy micro is actually also amazing, but i'll wait until its on my phone!

p.s a lot of game developers are of the opinion that they can just port their ps2 game to the psp (sony makes you add 30% extra content) and not actually worry about how well it plays, it'll still sell...

my beef with the psp is how darned big it is, fine if you carry a bag around but it hardly fits in your pocket. The micro is the perfect size.

I've been trying to find a picture online of a ds lite next to a psp or a micro so I can see how big it is (all I can find is it next to it's bigger brother), can anyone take a photo of their new baby with something normal to compare it's size too?

i want to say its about a third of the size of a psp
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Actually the PSP is about 1.5 inches wider and a tad bit thinner than the DS Lite.

i dont own either, i was just juding by pictures using the metric system.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I have a psp and it is sitting right next to me at work actually(using it to listen to music). If you want JUST fun little games then go for the DS lite but if you want an all round media player then get the psp. The psp is not "big" by far. For how powerful it is, I think it is actually pretty small, and the screen is huge. I use mine mostly to listen to music at work and I am into homebrew apps pretty hardcore. I have a few games but rarely have time to sit down and play video games period anymore so that is not such a big issue for me. But when I do go on long trips the longer games and ability to play movies I ripped off my dvds and converter is prime.

Both have ups and downs. I got my psp for xmas from the ex and it has grown on me espepcially with new homebrew ALWAYS coming out. But I would like to get my hands on a DS Lite now that it is small and not looking like a cheap toy and pick up mario kart

and if you are interested in psp homebrew scene this is the biggest and best site. www.psp-hacks.com
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

My PSP is really good at collecting dust and....and...thats it. Havent touched it in months. It is a great little system though, very powerful and capable of more than the DS is.

But it boils down to the games, and the DS has all the games at this point. They're not just "fun little games" as Wannabe put it. Granted, a handful of there games are geared towards "on the go" gaming, there are quite a bit of heavier titles available like CastleVania, the new Mario bros, Mario 64, and the countless RPGs. Nintendo knows how to run the portable market and it shows.