dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 115

Thread: I have had it up to here.....

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    21

    I have had it up to here.....

    Hey all,

    I want to try an experiment to push this point accross instead of being flamed on the outset.


    Excuse me sir/madam,

    Are you religious?

    Has it ever occurred to you that your beliefs are scientifically false?

    If not, has it occured to you that humans know they die and the reason for most religion is because one cannot accept that. After all... whats the purpose of life?

    We live in an age with science where the western world is built with direct conflicts with the bible.

    Because you "believe" in something. Does that give christians, as an institution, the power to stop stem cell research... drastically hindering the improvment of the quality of many peoples lifes... just because they quote first century unproven stories?

    As silly as it sounds, do dogs goto heaven apart from on cartoons?

    ATTENTION ATTENTION OPEN FOR SCRUTINY: (chrisitan hand-out in park)

    Q: So.. How can we be sure that jesus exsists then....?
    A: It is written god............

    Im sorry to have done this, but i hope it gets my point accross. I have my own ideas on life and death and keep them to myself. Certain people have been on the street, as good as pointing to me and shouting ravings about the bible. People approaching me trying to change the way i feel, and giving me no straight answer for the basis of why i should... just shows its complete brainwashing tactics and i dont buy into it.

    Where can i complain against all this stuff? Get those clowns off the street, an get my address off the people who go door to door.

    I want to see what people say to this because maybe its just me, or maybe people will be offended but i hope that is so because i feel the same everytime someone offers me a booklet. All i have done is just the same as what happens every day only the opposite way around.

    Your thoughts?

  2. #2
    Chaos silverx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The hospital
    Posts
    1,262
    Last edited by silverx2; 06-13-2006 at 11:24 AM.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

  3. #3
    - carly1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    down south, UK
    Posts
    1,778
    pardon?

    not sure i understand the purpose of this post. what are our thoughts on what?

  4. #4
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    If you are referring to somewhere in the US, then this falls under freedom of speech and religion. And you coming to a public forum and ranting about not wanting to hear others talk about their beliefs because they don't match yours is just as bad. You also have the freedom to say no thank you or to just walk away. If these people bother you so much, exercise this right to walk away and don't come preaching to everyone else about your beliefs.
    Last edited by pea3698; 06-13-2006 at 11:43 AM. Reason: typos
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  5. #5
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by bvgroote
    Oh man, dude. That's why I said what I said, because your point has nothing to do with the thread topic. Since your first post you have been defending religion itself rather than the minority that ruin it. THAT is the topic of discussion.
    Where in my first post did I defend religion. As I said I did get away from the main topic as the topic progressed.

    Quote Originally Posted by pea3698
    If you are referring to somewhere in the US, then this falls under freedom of speech and religion. And you coming to a public forum and ranting about not wanting to hear others talk about their beliefs because they don't match yours is just as bad. You also have the freedom to say no thank you or to just walk away. If these people bother you so much, exercise this right to walk away and don't come preaching to everyone else about your beliefs.
    *edit Upon reading my post throughout the entire thread I have actually not defended thier religion at all, not once. I did put forth what I believe but I did not defend what they believe. I probably don't completely believe in what these people believe in therefore making it hard to defend their beliefs in the first place.
    Last edited by pea3698; 06-15-2006 at 09:13 AM.
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  6. #6
    FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    About to BAN you!
    Posts
    3,023
    They have their rights.....you have yours.

    Move on.

  7. #7
    Flashkit historian Frets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    flashkit
    Posts
    8,797
    While I respect thier right to organize and I respect thier right to freedom of speech.

    I ususally tell those types to get the hell out of my face and leave me alone.
    I'm tired of how they are always knocking on my door and blocking the entrance to my supermarket.

    At the supermarket they come in packs of 30 divided up by two. They try to catch you twice on the way in and twice on the way out. It's no longer freedom of speech at that point it's harrasment.

  8. #8
    Chaos silverx2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    The hospital
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    While I respect thier right to organize and I respect thier right to freedom of speech.

    I ususally tell those types to get the hell out of my face and leave me alone.
    I'm tired of how they are always knocking on my door and blocking the entrance to my supermarket.

    At the supermarket they come in packs of 30 divided up by two. They try to catch you twice on the way in and twice on the way out. It's no longer freedom of speech at that point it's harrasment.
    your an angry angry person.

    put up a sign that says no solicitor's.

    p.s. when did you buy a supermarket? and hows business?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    21
    Yeah but thats my point kind of in terms of interest, there is NO NEED for me to do it and no one respects it. As the dude above said, some people physically invade your space to hinder you.

    Its just rude. And it happens everywhere so my location is unimportant.

  10. #10
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by hand me a nine
    some people physically invade your space to hinder you.
    Other than inside something you own what do you consider your space. They have just as much a right to do what the want in any public space as you do. That means 2 inches from your face or 10ft from your face. No matter how annoying it is. If they just flat out don't leave you alone upon your request or follow you all around town then they are not harrassing you.
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  11. #11
    Senior Member littleMatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by hand me a nine
    ...
    I share your feelings exactly.

    I have all the respect in the world for someone who is a better person because of whatever religion - but there is no need to inflict it on anyone else. I get annoyed when a double glazing salesperson calls me out of the blue telling me that his windows are better than mine and I should switch - I would rather not have the lady in McDonalds try and impose a Super Size meal on me... so why would I want a person who has never met me and knows nothing of my life telling me that god will save me?!

    Get back and stay back!

  12. #12
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    Frets i'm glad to see that you exercise your right to walk away and to cuss them
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  13. #13
    2008 Man of the Year JWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    here
    Posts
    768
    I prefer to engage them and undermine their religious principles. For example, when I was living in Italy a freakin Jahova's Witnesses stopped at my house and the one started talking about the how the war was bad blah blah. So I mentioned how the terrorists were fighting in the name of god, and that many other atrocities in history were carried out in the name of one god or the other.

    It feels good to watch em squirm.

    SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

  14. #14
    Senior Member random25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    566
    We should start an anti religion, and go door teaching science and what not.
    We could dress in lab coats instead of a suit and tie like the churches do.

    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

  15. #15
    Official Vermont Photo Mod WannaBe_80z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    over my shoes and under my hat
    Posts
    3,887
    I have only been in one instance where religious people came up to the door. At the time I kinda hung out with a strange group of kids and they thought it would be funny to scare them away instead of just saying "no thanks". We saw them coming down the street. I actually didn't participate in any of this I just watched from the living room. But two of my male friends answered the door holding hands and while they talked to the people at the door for the short time they where there two other girls and a guy chased eachother around the house and up and down the stairs right in view from the door in just their underwear. Not sure why those people never came back...
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

  16. #16
    FK's Geezer Mod Ask The Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Out In The Pasture
    Posts
    20,490
    I like the Doberman as a deterrant. Chain him to the front porch.

  17. #17
    Senior Member dudeqwerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bosnia
    Posts
    1,626
    i think religion should be banned, it would be fine if it wasnt for the fact that most wars are based on religion.

    and if it is not banned then it should definatly be completely seperated from govenment and politics, especially in the states.

    my t'pence
    New sig soon

  18. #18
    PAZ nordberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    east of west
    Posts
    4,704
    the only difference between me and religious fanatics is that i don't care that they are religious fanatics.

    to each his own, and then some...

    Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book

  19. #19
    Flashkit historian Frets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    flashkit
    Posts
    8,797
    Religious fanatics disagree with you more nords,

    It's not enough for them to believe what they believe they want you to believe what they believe.

  20. #20
    PAZ nordberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    east of west
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    Religious fanatics disagree with you more nords,
    It's not enough for them to believe what they believe they want you to believe what they believe.
    that's what i'm saying...i believe in freedom, so i don't care that they are religious, but they sure as hell care that i'm not. i originally heard this statement in a pro-tattoo message, "The only difference between you and me is that I don't care that you DON'T have a tattoo."

    Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center