dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 115

Thread: I have had it up to here.....

  1. #21
    PAZ nordberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    east of west
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    Religious fanatics disagree with you more nords,
    It's not enough for them to believe what they believe they want you to believe what they believe.
    that's what i'm saying...i believe in freedom, so i don't care that they are religious, but they sure as hell care that i'm not. i originally heard this statement in a pro-tattoo message, "The only difference between you and me is that I don't care that you DON'T have a tattoo."

    Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog Photos Book

  2. #22
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    Do you hear yourselves. Seriously. You say that "It is their mission in life to make everyone believe what they believe. If you dont, then you can go to hell and die!" or "you dont ever win with these kinds of people, logic is not something they seem to understand.". Put your name where you have theirs.
    If they don't believe in what you believe in then they can go to hell is what your saying. Therefore everything that you are saying is bad about these people is exactly what you are doing. The only thing that your not doing is trying to spread the "logic" word in front of a grocery store. Which in turn makes these people seem to at least believe more in what they believe in than you, due to the fact that they are willing to go out and talk to people about what they believe.
    One thing that I think is core in thier belief is that they should try to spread the word, but if you don't want to hear it then they should be tolerant. Now i'm not saying that the are tolerant, but I am saying that in the bible it says that it is not ones place to stand in judgement of another person.
    Now if you are so intelligent and scientific, should you not be open to any possibility. Really scientific fact changes all the time do to someone being open to possibilities and testing those possibilities. And if you are definitly not open minded enough to admit that there is that slim possibility, should an intelligent person not be tollerant. It just isn't smart to not be tollerant imho.

    dudeqwerty, if these wars were not able to be done in the name of religion then they would occur in the name of something else. At least when it comes to christianity, no one has a right to fight a war in the name of god. That is a crock o shat. The bible does not promote fighting in gods name. Your referring to people that used the bible to sway the masses. Religion had nothing to really do with it.
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  3. #23
    FK's Geezer Mod Ask The Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Out In The Pasture
    Posts
    20,490
    Tolerant is as tolerant does, but even the pope hates spam. And that's what religious prostelitizing is, spam. Soul Spam. LOL.

  4. #24
    Flashkit historian Frets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    flashkit
    Posts
    8,797
    Hardly, what I'm saying you are reading into things not there.


    I don't care where they go or what they believe.
    However they cross the line when they block my passage to spew thier ideological belief's down my throat. If I wish to engage in discussion revoling around religious doctrine there are plenty of outlets I can pursue eg local church groups etc etc.
    I don't go to a supermarket to discuss theology or find religion. I don't feel the need to where a t shirt that says "there is no god" and I don't take every chance encounter with another human to shove my belief down thier throat.

    Whilst I an advocate for tolerance and personal freedoms
    Blocking access to my vehicle or place where I do business regardless of thier intentions is unjustified intimidation. I did nothing to warrant thier intercession into my daily life nor welcome thier intrusion upon it.

  5. #25
    2008 Man of the Year JWin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    here
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by pea3698
    The bible does not promote fighting in gods name. Your referring to people that used the bible to sway the masses. Religion had nothing to really do with it.
    What about the catholic inquisition?

    But as Geezer said, I dislike the grocery store 'spammers' as much as the credit card companies that keep sending me crap in the mail.

    Quite frankly I don't care what others worship and I don't feel they should care what I do.

    SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

  6. #26
    FK's Geezer Mod Ask The Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Out In The Pasture
    Posts
    20,490
    Next time, try the line, "Get a job you filthy prevert."

  7. #27
    Flashkit historian Frets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    flashkit
    Posts
    8,797
    Rolling

    Saves me printing costs.

  8. #28
    Retired SCORM Guru PAlexC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,387
    It's fair to assume that most people who practice a religion don't go evangelizing randomly on the street. The ones that do feel it's their duty to 'spread the word', and they don't appear to be in the minority even though they are because the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

    What's wrong with a simple "I'm not interested" in response to them? Or a wave of the hand when you see them approaching?

    Quote Originally Posted by Natsia
    Im a nihilist.
    Does that mean you're going to cut off my johnson?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

  9. #29
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by JWin
    What about the catholic inquisition?
    Once again, people twisting religion to suite thier needs. The bible is confusing to say the least and due to its structure it is very easy to twist by pretty much anyone. Your also talking about a time when general public couldn't read the bible for themselves. Therefore making it even easier for a smarter person to twist it.
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  10. #30
    FK's Geezer Mod Ask The Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Out In The Pasture
    Posts
    20,490
    The bible is confusing to say the least and due to its structure it is very easy to twist by pretty much anyone.
    Especially the church.

  11. #31
    FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    About to BAN you!
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    Especially the catholic church.

  12. #32
    Flashkit historian Frets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    flashkit
    Posts
    8,797
    pea,,,

    Not being a religious person I have to ask.
    Doesn't the ten commandmants spell out in clear language what thoust shall not do.

    They aren't requests and they aren't suggestions. They aren't what you can get away with because so and so did it in another book.

    Thou shall not kill

    Seems pretty clear to me, others may have a different interpertation of what God wrote on personal conduct as Moses was the only one who read the original document.

  13. #33
    FK's Geezer Mod Ask The Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Out In The Pasture
    Posts
    20,490
    Especially the catholic church
    They have more practice.

  14. #34
    HUH? pea3698's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Greenville SC
    Posts
    1,771
    Hey Frets, that's exactly what i'm saying. Thou shalt not kill.
    This means no war, period. And in no way should a war be in the name of God. This is when Christianity is twisted to serve a purpose.
    I'm not sure what your comment is aimed at. I was saying war in the name of God is not really in the name of God but was in the name of the person that wanted the war that used God as a screen.
    ------------------

    Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

  15. #35
    FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    About to BAN you!
    Posts
    3,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    They have more practice.
    yeah, all "churches" do it.....but they were the only ones that killed over it.

    Follow us or DIE!

  16. #36
    FK's Geezer Mod Ask The Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Out In The Pasture
    Posts
    20,490
    yeah, all "churches" do it.....but they were the only ones that killed over it.
    I don't know, didn't Henry 8's Church of England burn all the catholic churches, priests and nuns at one time?

  17. #37
    pablo cruisin' hanratty21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    on the lam
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by pea3698
    I was saying war in the name of God is not really in the name of God but was in the name of the person that wanted the war that used God as a screen.
    dirka dirka, jihad jihad!
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

  18. #38
    Flashkit historian Frets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    flashkit
    Posts
    8,797
    If we look far enough we can see a never endling lists of abuses in the name of a church.

    The truth of the Mayflower bs was that the religious freedom reason for leaving was actually religious freedom of the english from the nausiating prostelitizing by evangelicals. Everyone in the u.k. had enough with the daily interventions.
    England wanted to be free of the zealots so they kicked em out.

    They didn't come with farming equipment,,,,They can with weapons.
    It took practically starving to death for them to learn how to provide food for themsleves. They wouldn't have survived the first year with out the help of indians.
    They had no clue about agriculture nore desire to learn when they left england. They thought they would survive by subjegating the native peoples.

  19. #39
    supervillain gerbick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    undecided.
    Posts
    18,978
    bah. I don't bring the party to the church, don't bring church to the party.

    I bazooka'd the last religious fanatic on my front porch. <boom>

    [ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

  20. #40
    Banned indivision's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by hand me a nine
    I have my own ideas on life and death and keep them to myself.
    All things considered, I find this statement hilarious.

    Anyway, Im not sure where you people are going to get accosted to the point of nuisance. Ive been out and about for years and have been approached by religious people twice. To be perfectly honest, I think this annoyance with being accosted claim is bs and theres some other reason for you to bring it up. superiority complex maybe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  




Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

HTML5 Development Center