A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone up for a GO??

alrighty, ill try my hand at something, so look by the end of the night

*on second thought, this might just be put on hold....musta ate something that doesnt like my stomach
    Last edited by Extricate; 06-20-2006 at 09:59 PM.

no worries. hope you feel better soon

davulf- i'm not ignoring your comments. i have to agree with you really, which is why i don't really have much to say in response!! thanks for checking out my volleys and commenting- i appreciate it. it does help.

Not a problem Carly. As I've suggested to several others, I'm almost always on MSN to offer comments on images as they're in progress.

Now, if you would like a more in depth critique of the image.... well, I could get right into it. The first thing I notice is the plates over the wall sockets. They look too large to be stock, and actually look to be bevels on a square image. They look to be a little off-centered, which doesn't help the illusion. The blending around the sockets themselves feels as if it doesn't blend properly. I think changing the colours slightly might detract from this effect. The shadow of the cord should angle slightly around the plates (which extend about .75cm from the wall, so there should be a change in shadow) which would lend to the illusion of being plugged in. Another thing that might help is to brush each plate seperately, so they don't look so duplicated. Maybe masking out one of the cords and having a stock of some other wires beneath in order to make it look worn or torn could have helped.

That background itself looks a little bit plain. I can see that you added some diagonals and a little bit of brushing on the bottom. Unfortunately, it really does look like brushing. One thing to think about is to find some textures from sxc.hu or other stock site and overlay or multiply them onto your image in order to give it a little more believable grunge. You could have defined a pattern and overlayed that over the background to make it a little bit more interesting.

I have already adressed the text, which I think could have been omitted, or possibly just a font change.

thanks davulf. ^mostly agreed^

however, the sockets really are stock, as is the cable/wire (it's the same stock extricate used- i happened to stumble across is whilst looking for my own stock).... and the 'dirty marks' at the bottom actually wasn't a brush/brushes- it was a texture i used from a photo of a rusty piece of metal!!

i think the reason the sockets don't look like real stock may be partially down to my bad cutting out possibly. the only actual editing to the sockets i did was the one on the right where i had to get rid of the plug and wire, which i thought i didn't do a bad job on.

thank you for the comments though and i may well take you up on the MSN offer when i next do a volley- it would be helpful to get comments and suggestions BEFORE i post the finished image

When you put it that way Carly, you did do a good job.Weird how the stock doesn't look like stock .

alrighty, i just got back from a college event, and im just about on my way out so i dont think im gona have an image up until at least the 26(monday).just letting you know

i like that. it's a nice idea

will try and get working on something tomorrow....

yoyoyo markus! like carly says, very cool idea, the image gets you thinking which is always good i think. if i were you, i would have edited out the shadows on the sidewalk underneath the people, and probably the rest of that length of sidewalk as well, just for consistency's sake. they're very intrusive and distracting when trying to focus on the ppl.
    good work though, sir.

really sorry extricate, but looks like i won't get anything up before i go away on holiday. i did have an idea, but started working on it and it didn't turn out great (needs a lot of time spending on it).

so i'm away for the next two weeks i'm afraid. not sure what you want to do..... call it a day? carry on when i get back (i'm happy to do this)? just let me know what you think.

hey no problem, go out and enjoy your vacation!
    you can finish your image when you get the time, and then after that we wrap it up. hows that sound?

***NOT A VOLLEY***

A little bored today, and this concept popped into my mind, and i figured i would work on it. Just a little something, tell me what you guys think!