A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Get the video to play

Get the video to play

I can take a .avi file, encode it and get my flv file, can send the required files to my server. Individually they play on the web. OK.

But how do I drop the flv file onto the stage of my movie and then how do I set up a button which will activate that video during TEST MOVIE?

I believe this has something to do with the FLVPlayback Component. That name seems to fit.
    It looks like the Parameters box is the key, where I set the values including automatic playback. Then it looks like I apply a skin. Save the flash file in the same folder as the flv file....and voila.... it should work.

Does this sound right? To any guhrus looking in?
    Dave S.
    Creating, the ultimate passion
    www.dittomark.com

FK Slacker
    Yeah, that's about right...for more details, see:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash...html#wp3705095

K.

By gosh, it works. Thanks. And it wasn't as hard as it looks. I cringe when I see two pages of text explaining computer software.

Now for the real test. I want to drop a small 240x180 video behind a masked area which will be designed to look like the viewer is looking through the window and into a home where a large screen tV is playing.

My video hopefully will play on that masked layer with no problem. Then I want to have a button on the outside that toggles two other videos that will alternately play. I don't see any unsolvable problems jsut thinking out loud. (thinking always hurts).
    Dave S.
    Creating, the ultimate passion
    www.dittomark.com