A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: serious problem with slide out menu

serious problem with slide out menu

Hi everyone. I hope someone might can help me. I am building a website in Swish 2, which I have done numerous times before, but this time I decided to put a little slide out menu in it. I have it set up so that when you mouse over a selection on the main vertical menu (services), the sub menu appears. It is the only part of the menu that needs a submenu, so I used a graphic made in Photoshop to appear as another piece of the console-style site. I set it up using actions on the main button linked to the sub menu which appears in a load area sprite (on rollover - tell target.... - load movie..., on rollout - tell target...... - unload movie......) you get the idea. Well, of course it all works fine until you need to make a selection from the sub menu, which of course goes away when you mouse off of it. I have downloaded sample menus so i could try to see what I need to do, but I am just confused as to how to accomplish the menu appearing on mouse over but staying there long enough to be used as well as disappearing when it is not being used. I'm sorry for making this post so long, i just wanted to try to explain it as well as I could. I have also searched here for a solution, but nothing seems to be exactly what I need. Any help on this would be appreciated.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held her ground.

Anyone? I know there are other posts on here dealing with this issue, it's just that I'm having the problem that since my menu is a piece of the main site graphics and should only be visable when the services button is moused over and yet still usable, I just can't figure it out. Like I said in my first post, I have the sub menu in a separate file and it is set to open in a sprite. Thanks again for any help on this one.
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held her ground.

Hi,

It would help if you uploaded the .swi file and gave a link to the sute.