A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Checkbox selection remotely

Checkbox selection remotely

Hello there I have this need to implement a map showing different clicable areas in FLASH 8, so it can select and deselect each location by clicking directly to the location or by clicking a checkbox wich is near to the map it self.

the thing is.. i managed my self to select and deselect the checkboxes from buttons contained inside an mc each button.

this mc has 2 frames with one button each frame so in first frame it tells the ncheckbox to turn to selected AND to move nextFrame in the same mc where i putted another button so it could turn the selected state of that ncheckbox off AND to go to the prevFrame in the same mc

Ok... So good so far!!!...

Right now i noticed that i need to do almost same thing when i clic directly to the ncheckbox so when i clic and select the ncheckbox the mc containing the "remote trigger btn" would move to the nextFrame and when I clic and deselect the ncheckbox that same mc would move to the prevFrame.

Right now im using the next script in the ncheckbox:

on (click){
    if (ch_n1.selected = true) {
    _root.sel1.nextFrame();
    }else if(ch_n1.selected = false){
    _root.sel1.prevFrame();
    }
    }
    Where ch_n1 is the "ncheckbox" and sel1 is the mc containing the "remote trigger btn"

and it works for the first evaluation.. (selected state) but it doesn't do any change when the "else" condition is reached

I hope anyone can help me
    Last edited by lbaltodano; 06-21-2006 at 03:47 PM.
    Hi I'm Lautaro
    I hope this post is good enough for u!

hey im sry i read through that 2 or 3 times and i still cant figure out what you want... could you please simplify your request?

ok... i'll try to make it simple

IMagine a map with different locations... well.. every location is a clicable selection wich needs to be included to make a query for a mysql db.

ok.. i hope im being clear so far...

so.. next to that map i need a locations list with checkboxes each one so user can actually track the locations he's clicking on.

So .. when the user clics on a location over the map, the same checkbox with the locatino name needs to get selected (same case if it's deselected)

BUT .. what if the user clics the checkbox directly?.. well.. in that case that location needs to change to the "selected" state too.

A simple but good example is within this url:
    http://www.charlotteusa.com/Sites/sites_search.asp

That example is a jpg and js I think.. but I need to do that in flash.. and to be able to control the selections made from both "locations over the map" and "checkboxes it selves"

hope this time u get it . thanx in advance
    Hi I'm Lautaro

cmon people I really need help here...
    Hi I'm Lautaro

ok this might not be your problem but it doesnt look like your getting any other help

would it matter if you had

Code:
    ch_n1.selected == false
    instead of

Code:
    ch_n1.selected = false

let me check ill let u know
    Hi I'm Lautaro

== is a comparision operator
    is checkbox equal to false?
    = is an assignment operator