A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Buttons and Loading issues

Buttons and Loading issues

Flash 8 question.

Newbie here.
    I created a button and added some effects when you rollover and on the down state...works fine.
    Now, I wanted to further add a png file "next" to my button so when I rollover, this graphic would appear next to the button....and that works fine.
    My problem is this....if I roll my mouse over the area next to my button, the graphis appears....!! I only want the graphic to appear when my mouse is over the actual button and not the area next to my button.
    I guess the problem is that when I placed the graphic on the roll over state of the button next to the button..it now increased the size of the clickable area thus causing the problem of the graphic being displayed when I am not over the actual button but next to it.
    Liek I said....all works fine...I just do not want the graphic to appear when my mouse is next to the button.... I only want the graphic to appear when I roll over the actual button and have the graphic appear next to it. As it stands now, there is this empty area on my page and when you move the mouse on that area it invokes the button....when you are not actually on the button.

Do you understand what I mean?

I believe I would have to add a loadmovieclip or something, as I have converted this png into a movie clip.....and that way if I rollover the button it will also load the movie clip........so this way it would not be in the Up, Over or Down states of the button.

Can anyone solve this issue??

Patrick
    p75a@hotmail.com

When you create a button, Flash creates four frames: The up, over, and down state frames, and the hit area frame.
    Select the Hit area frame and draw a box where you want the hit area. Anything drawn in this frame will not be seen.

Welcome to Flashkit...

Still having issues

Dallas,

I partly understand what you mean by hit area.
    I usually never put anything in the hit.

As it stands...in my button I have 4 layers.

One layer has sound on the over state
    Next has a ball on all states except HIT
    3rd layer above has actual words on all states except HIT.
    My 4rth layer has the graphic and it is on the Over state.

Of all 4 layers...what layer would I copy over to the HIT state to make this work, or do I still seem lost? I probably still seem lost......sorry Dallas.

Finally figured it out!!

I am such a Newb....

Sorry.....I am a little slow it seems.....thanks for not cursing me out.

Not at all,

welcome to FlashKit..