A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I send email from Flash 8 with GoDaddy's PHP form?

How do I send email from Flash 8 with GoDaddy's PHP form?

I am trying to create an email form in Flash 8 that sends mail to my hosting account email address. GoDaddy says that you have to use their coding, but how do I get this to work with Flash 8?

Can anyone give me a hand? Below is a link to GoDaddy's write up on creating a PHP form-mailer.

http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?...10&topic_id=&&

Forget it. That thing is trash. It takes 20 minutes to send mail. Use your own.

This will work on godaddy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Hey there. Thanks a lot for the advice and for the file. I haven't opened it yet but will do so this evening.

I just switched over to GoDaddy and am trying to make best use of their features. Apparently some are trash, which is a shame for such a big / successful company. Oh well, it's all about the dollar.

Well, godaddy is great for most things. It's just that gdform thing is onesize fits all, and I don't know exactly how it works, but I know from testing on a number of different sites, it takes about 20 minutes for a mail to make it though their system. the one I attached, is almost instant, and works fine on their Unix servers. Haven't tried it on Microsoft.

Another question

Thanks for the zip file - everything worked beautifully.

Now, I'm trying to create a "sign up for newsletter" form that simply asked for the user to input an email address and hit send (with a thank you afterwards).

I tried altering your form to do this, but I'm not very good at scripting.

Any suggestions?

Use this one.

Hey there. Question about the email form you sent the other day that is compatable w/GoDaddy. I'm using Flash 8 and can't use that form since it's F6 (gives me a "error opening mailform.php" when I send mail). Also, the user doesn't get a confirmation email and the body of the email comes through in HTML code.

Any way to convert your file to Flash 8 efficiently?

The error is probably because you didn't use the right path to the php form on your server.

Ok, I found the issue. When I modify and upload the form you sent me, without switching over to Flash 8, everything is fine. However, here's my issue.

1) While testing the form in Flash 8, I get an error saying that my email.php can't be found; however, the email still goes through (with html text).

2) When form is uploaded to DreamWeaver and tested in IE, nothing happens at all.

This shows that Flash 8 is definitely the problem. Leaving it published as 6 won't work for me because I need to use anti-alias for readability text.

Any suggestions?

try this one.

Name Field

Hello,

Thanks much for the F8 zip. Everything works great with your files. However, the "name" of the user sending the email doesn't come through.

How and where do I code the "name" field to correct this?

Open the php file and change where ever it says thename to just name. Better yet, open the fla and change all the name variables, and the var name of the text box itself to thename. name is a keyword in flash and reserved, although, it will work. I like to not use keywords for this.

Thanks

Changing the Fla. didn't work but changing the php. file worked like a charm.

Another question on the newsletter zip you sent. When I test the Fla., nothing happens when I hit 'submit'. Does the button need to have actions applied to it? Essentially, I'm just looking for the user to submit an email address and for a "thank you" message to pop up.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

No actions on the button. And the message should show up in a text box in the form.

f8form fla file unexpected file format help!

HI, Tried to download and access the fla file from your f8form.zip and it came up with unexpected file format.

Help?

Thx
    Shaf

It was made in F8 on a PC. Should work on a Mac too. If it doesn't, I don't know.

That's ok, I used the previous option (movieclipform.zip ) which worked for me just fine. I have a PC and flash mx 2004.
    Thank you!

BTw your newsletter fla also comes up with 'unexpected file format'.
    I would really like to use that as my client has mentioned using godaddy and newsletters so it would be nice to be prepared!!
    Maybe if it was saved in the same way as the movieclipform.fla it might help me?
    Would you mind?

thank you
    Shaf

See if this works.

Getting mailform.php to work on a remote directory

I actually just stumbled onto this thread tonight (7/8)...

I, too, am going through the process of setting up my first Flash email form. I downloaded and set up the Flash 6 version of mailform.php that you posted a few replies back...

I configured mailform.php to include my email address, etc. and uploaded it to my remote FTP directory. My .FLA is set to refer to the FTP directory where mailform.php is...

Here's the weird part...

When I test the Flash movie locally (i.e. on my PC), everything works fine... I get the form email (and sender confirmation) almost immediately.

However, when I try actually going to my website and sending mail through the form... I never get the emails.

So with the same .FLA pointing at the same location of mailform.php I'm getting 2 different results: on my PC everything works fine... on my FTP server nothing happens. (I even changed mailform.php's permission to 777 on my FTP just in case... still no dice.)

I'm sure it's something obvious/simple that I'm doing wrong... Any ideas?

Thanks!