A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do I send email from Flash 8 with GoDaddy's PHP form?

Open the php file and change this one line, about 17 or so;

if ($action == "send") {

To;

if ($action != ""){

See if that helps.

Problem getting mailform.php to work on FTP directory

Thanks for your quick reply...

I tried the change to the PHP file you indicated, but still no dice...

Also...

Having said the above... I should also mention that even after modifying the PHP as you indicated, I'm still seeing the same behavior:

- works when testing the .FLA locally,
    - doesn't work through the actual website on the remote FTP server...

When you test the fla, is the php file already up on the server? And it's going through that?

I don't know. Never had the problem.

Yes. The PHP is up on the server.

Also: I'm seeing this on two different hosting services (GoDaddy and Your-Site.com)... so it's not like it's something unique to GoDaddy.

Anybody else have a clue?

Can't get mailform.php to work on remote FTP

Yes. The PHP is up on the server.

Also: I'm seeing this on two different hosting services (GoDaddy and Your-Site.com)... so it's not like it's something unique to GoDaddy.

Anybody else have a clue?

Go Daddy Php problems

Hey there. I'm having the same problem with GoDaddy. My mailform was working fine both on my local and on my remote hosting, but now it only works when I test through Flash on my local.

Not sure what's going on but I've tried everything under the sun to fix the problem.

It's a godaddy issue I think...

I just finished building a project on my server (1&1) and when I transfered it over to my clients server (godaddy) the flash form mailer broke. I found in another thread that godaddy expects you to use their own gdform.php script but no one seems to know how to adapt it for flash.

Godaddy just did some server updates. Well, a month ago or so. But some of our php mailforms quit too. Nothing was wrong with the php files. We fixed it by accident, by deleting the originals off the server, then reuploading the same files off the hard drive, through an FTP program. That seemed to fix the ones that were broke. Only a few of the 25 or so sites we have went down though. Go figure.

Go Daddys gdforms (appropriatly named I might add)

I have had a my site hosted with Go Daddy for a long time, my contact forms quit working and I thought my trafic was just down. Had it not been for my learning Flash 8 and trying to get a contact form to work I may have never found the problem. I still cant get the ASP code to work so I had to modify the HTML so the "gdform" will send the info in the correct order.

But to the point...I loaded your f8form and php file (After substituting my email info ect. and it is not working either. Does the EMail address in the Mail form option on godaddy need to be blank for other asp or php files to work?

Any help/advice you could give will be greatly appreciated, at this point I'm sooo confused.

I've never used ASP. And I don't know if the php form will work on a Microsoft server.

OK, Thank you for the quick support

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    try this one.
    Geezer, thanks for the f8form flash mailer. It worked on GoDaddy which is something my old one could not do. The only problem that I'm having is the form check. The only check that works is the email. The other text input boxes are not validated.

You must have changed the names of the text boxes.

No, I only changed the "name" variable in the PHP file, because you had it as "thename".
    Last edited by digitalcrayon; 08-25-2006 at 03:02 AM.

Thats because they all have some text in them no matter what. The email one looks for @ sign.

I was looking through the actionscript and saw your "if" statements. I thought that if you didn't enter anything into the text boxes other than what was already there it would give an error. I noticed the messages that I listed below and I am wondering what would set them off?

error1 = "Valid email required";
    error2 = "Name required";
    error3 = "Please give us your comments";
    error4 = "Please include a phone number";

That fla has been modified so many times it's hard to tell what it started out as. There is also code in other frames that make sure the text boxes always have something in them.

Got it...thanks for your time!

problem with where the form lives

I found this thread after hours of pulling hair out trying to figure out how to get this form working in my fla file. My fla file is structured where basically each page on the site is a separate movie clip sitting on top of the main timeline. When I execute my file like that the email will not send and results and answer fields do not populate properly. Wehn I take that same code and create a new fla file, place that code on the main time line, as your's is, everything works fine. I think the problem is dealing with the "levels" in flash or the child-parent hiearchy between movie clips, but I don't know enough about that to figure this one out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.