A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help with website preferrably fast!

Need help with website preferrably fast!

Hi there.. I am just about to make my first domain name website, and I am just wondering if one service is better than another. Any recommendations for a domain name provider would be greatly appreciated.. I am not very experienced, and I need something that I will be able to load flash animations onto.

Secondly.. On my website I am going to need to make it so that visitors have to submit a PayPal donation in order to view a video. Once they view the video, I would prefer that they not have the option to save it or send it to others. Is it possible to do this, and if so, how?

Any answers to my questions will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!!
    Last edited by nessa6200; 06-28-2006 at 03:25 AM.

As for registering a domain it doesn't matter too much. Most people go for the lowest price. I deal with GoDaddy normally. For hosting, you want to make sure you have a reliable host. GoDaddy offers hosting as well for a very low price. I don't have any experience with them myself because I have my own servers, but i've heard good and bad about them.

If you want a system where only one user can view a video it gets a little complicated. You can have the video embedded in a flash file so they can't save it directly. This won't stop them from sending the link to a friend. In this case I would program the link to be dynamic, so once they pay a random link is created and it could expire after some time. You could also program something so that once the person goes to view the video it grabs their IP address, so that if they email the link to someone else after viewing it and it hasn't expired yet it will check the saved IP to see if it matches the first one used to view it. If it doesn't then it denies access.

Obviously there are pros and cons to this method but it's a start. There's a bit of programming involved behind getting something like that off the ground.