A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cingular's Service SUCKS!!!

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar

Cingular's Service SUCKS!!!

So, as most of you know I ordered some new cell phones for myself and the family.....on Friday.....June 16, 2006. On Thursday, June 22, 2005 I called to find out where my new toys were and was put on hold and transfered from one person to another for an hour and a half. To which I was told that I would be receiving a call from the department that placed the order for my phones, AND one from the last lady who helped me, just to make sure I was called, BEFORE 4:30 PM. I had a gather to get to...

No phone calls, so I left for said gathering feeling rather grumpy, but still determined to have a good time. Around 6:40 PM Heather, Kristi's youngest - and now living with us - daughter, walks up to me and says "Erik, there is a message for you on my phone..." Huh? So this genius from Cingular's Customer Relations Department called the 3rd number on my account to give me the "status of my order". Stupid people!

It seems that there was a problem with my shipping address and the zip code. Nice, morons can manage to send me a bill every month, but not get my phones shipped on time... Oh no, they had Hathaway instead of Hathaway Pines written down for the City and couldn't figure out the problem. These people are luck that I don't have access to pin point missiles.....!

I call back on Friday, because the idiot said that she would not be there on Friday and would fix the situation on Saturday. Oh Hewl No! I called got ANOTHER Customer Relations person, who was so damn sweet it was disgusting, and had them reorder my phones. Yes, the order had to be completely redone.....and after another 45 minutes we were done.

I just got off of the phone with another rep and found out that they had just shipped my cell phones TODAY.....TODAY!!! It took them 4 days to process my order.....4 freakin' days!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

I did find out that I was refunded the shipping charges and I got bumped up to "priority shipping", whatever that means. So, hopefully I will have my new Cingular 8125 by Friday.....2 weeks later.

The worst thing of this whole fiasco.....my oldest daughter just turned 14 and graduated the 8th grade, so I told her that she could have my V551 when I got my new phone. I had to send her to her mother's (aka The Fat *****'s) house without her new toy. That, honestly, made me feel really bad.

Terrible service.

</rant>

i hear ya, prioty at best is 2 days. if it went out today, you may MAY get it friday, good chances are though, since its cingular, they will arrive saturday when nobody is home and get sent back.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Sounds like several of my experiences with SBC.

You can call the Better Business Bureau and complain or do it online. It doesn't help with SBC, now AT&T (no competition), but it helps with companies with competition.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

*points, laughs*

No phone for you...

until Friday that is.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Going to the store ftw. No shipping bull, just box o' phone and a service person's card if they mess it up.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

imagination through stupidity
    cingular suck almost everywhere, but its cheaper than say Verizon. im suck with cingular for another 2 years then im switchin.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

it was probably zakp0's fault.

good tip tho. we're looking to get new contracts/phones soon and had been looking at cingular.

they're getting the w810i soon... so Cingular's ok by me. Much better than my ol' telecom... Suncom. I hated them with a passion.

id put up with horrible service getting the phones if it still meant the best reception. i cant stand calls dropping out. you know they must be able to get that working perfectly. probably would cut into their profit margin.

honestly? Cingular's service does suck... but I haven't dropped a call since I've been with them for the last 7 months... and there's been some mighty travelling going on, no probs so far.

But that damn RAZR... I went through 4 of them before they sent the w600i. I like it, but I want the more masculine w810i or the w850i instead though.

Having worked in the telecom industry i can say with a certainty that you get what you pay for. Except with sprint(they take your money, jack you over and cut your phone off after theyve charged you for minutes you never really used.)

I've had sprint and Verizon wireless. If I had to pick between the two and verzion was twice as much, id still pick them. When i had verzion i got full signal out in the boonies and the voice quality was always crystal clear. to use my sprint phone i have to drive about a half an hour before i get one measely bar. sprint with full signal was always like wearing ear muffs and trying to talk. A lot of people may not know this but if you move to an area where you dont get service you most likely can cancel your contract without any early termination fee. I know at least verizon does that.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    *points, laughs*

No phone for you...

until Friday that is.
    mufuger...
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8Krog
    Going to the store ftw. No shipping bull, just box o' phone and a service person's card if they mess it up.
    Maybe take a close look at your own footer...the nearest store is 40 miles away, AND they were out of both models of phones I wanted. Hell, the 8125 was a "special order" so I would have had to wait anyways.

Actually the cell service is quite good, it's their follow through that leave much to be desired...

You guys should know the drill by now..

It's not who you have it's where you live.

You poor geographically challenged souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    You poor geographically challenged souls.
    bah. just because you're near a large city doesn't mean you can rub it all in!

Do you know Eminem?

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    The worst thing of this whole fiasco.....my oldest daughter just turned 14 and graduated the 8th grade, so I told her that she could have my V551 when I got my new phone. I had to send her to her mother's (aka The Fat *****'s) house without her new toy. That, honestly, made me feel really bad.
    If your daughter has any brains at all, she'll come home from her mother's with her new phone, and show it off to you, forcing you to overcompensate and buy her something else.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

It's here!!! Review will follow in a few days, after I have had some time to play (read: moban) with it. This is a solid little device, and the slide is smooth. It feels good in my hand and it feels about as heavy as my V551.

It is smaller that my flip phone including the antenna, and is actually less thick by about 2mm. It IS wider by 1/2 inch though.

So far I like it, I'll let you all know more in a few days.

I for one love cingular, its the only carrier I've never had issues with. Ever.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Ok, really really dumb question.

Can you have 2 phones activated on the same phone #?

I bought a RAZR because it fits nicely in my pocket, but the speakerphone sucks. My V710 has a pretty good speakerphone in it. Do I just...leave it on, and only answer one or they other? WIll they both ring?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.